Before a program commences, an opening remark is usually given to prepare the minds of the participants for that meeting.
This helps in setting the tone for the meeting before it commences. Therefore, you cannot afford to be slack in preparing an opening remark for a program as everyone is attentively waiting to hear what comes out of your lips.
More so, an opening remark should be as short and yet meaningful as possible. While you’re not going overboard by speaking unnecessarily for long, you must communicate your remakes in the briefest way possible.
Knowing the importance of giving a short opening remark for a program, we have compiled a few in this write-up that you can glean through and deploy as and when needed.
- Short Opening Remarks For A Program
- Short Opening Remarks For A Program sample
- Opening Speech For An Event
- Welcome Speech For Party
- Welcome Speech For Conference
- Welcome Speech For Virtual Event
- Short Welcome Speech For New Students
- Welcome Speech For Students By Teacher
- Welcome Speech For Religious Gathering
- Short Welcome Speech For Church
- Opening Remarks Sample For Different Purposes
Short Opening Remarks For A Program
1. [Greetings]. You are all welcome to this program this afternoon. We are thrilled to have you join us for this program despite your tight schedules and we hope you will all enjoy it.
2. Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. We are very pleased to have you here at this program today. Thank you very much for coming and we hope this program will be memorable for you all.
3. Good day, everyone. We are delighted to have you join us in this program today. We look forward to a wonderful period together. Once again, you are welcome.
4. [Greetings]. Thank you very much for showing up at this program today. You have defied all odds to be here and we appreciate that. We look forward to a fruitful day together.
5. Good afternoon everyone and welcome to this program. We are delighted to see your excited faces and look forward to a fruitful program together. Thanks for coming.
Related Post: Examples Of Messages To Welcome A New Member Onboard
Short Opening Remarks For A Program sample
The importance of a short opening remark for a program cannot be overemphasized. As you would have noticed severally, no program ever commences without some kind of preamble or preprogram speech. Why?
This is because the minds of the participants need to be set aright for them to benefit optimally from the program.
More so, a short opening remark for a program can help build readiness in the minds of the participants to receive what the speaker has to offer to them. It cannot, therefore, be dull and void of excitement.
If this is your first time giving a short opening remark for a program or you’re short of words to say, you have come to the right place! In this write-up, we have compiled a list of short opening remarks for a program sample that you can help yourself with.
1. [Greetings]. I am excited to see your enthusiastic faces and I can assure you that you are in for a unique and wonderful experience in this program. Once again, I say welcome.
2. Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. You are all welcome to this program. Here, we have worked hard to ensure every participant benefits maximally from all the events lined up. So, you can rest assured that your coming is not in vain.
3. Good day everyone. On behalf of the host, I welcome you all to this program today. We have a great lineup of activities planned out just for you. You are in for a great time.
4. On behalf of the host of this program, I welcome everyone to this program. It promises to be great as you can see already and we are sure you will be impacted by this program.
5. Good morning/afternoon/day, everyone. Thank you for joining us for this special occasion today. We have prepared adequately for the maximum profit for everyone and you can rest assured that you are in for an unforgettable experience.
Related Post: Official Examples Of Welcoming Speech
Opening Speech For An Event
An opening speech for an event is a short address given before an event begins that helps to set the tone for the rest of the event.
The importance of the opening speech for an event is so much that you cannot just give the role to anybody or give a whack speech as a person. This is because it is in the opening speech for an event that you set the expectations and objectives for that event.
More so, it is a time to make welcome the audience making them feel valued and appreciated and thus preparing their minds to benefit fully from the event
So you see, an opening speech for an event is not what you just wake up and say without properly analyzing your audience, and planning what to say and how to say it. It requires careful planning.
But don’t be scared if you have not done all the necessary preparations for a great opening speech as we have compiled here a list of opening speeches for an event that you can choose from and even modify to suit the event you will be handling.
1. Greetings everyone and welcome to [name of event]. Today’s event is all about [purpose of event] and we wish you the best from this event.
2. Good afternoon everyone and welcome to this event. As you already know the purpose of this event is [insert purpose of event]. We have prepared adequately for it and we know you won’t be disappointed. Thank you once again for coming.
3. Good day, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for making it to this awesome event. We are so glad you came. We have prepared all that is needed for you to enjoy this event. We wish you a very good time.
4. [Greetings]. On behalf of the host of this event, I welcome every one of you. We appreciate your carving out time despite your busy schedules to be here. We appreciate your sacrifice and will like to let you know that it won’t be in vain as a lot of hard work was put in to ensure this event is a success. We have speakers from all over the globe, some here with us while others will be joining us virtually. In all, you’re going to have a wonderful experience at this event. Thank you once again for coming.
5. [Greetings]. Thank you for making it to this event. We are very thankful to you and the sacrifice you’ve made to be here. I can assure you that this event has been well organized and will not fail your expectations. I also want to appreciate our sponsors who have assisted immensely in making this event a success. Thank you very much.
Related Post: Appreciation Messages To Training Resource Persons
Welcome Speech For Party
On all occasions, there is the need for a welcome speech and that includes a party too! Truly, a party is more of an informal gathering that seems not to have respect for the rules of a formal gathering but yet, it doesn’t mean that one will neglect a welcome speech.
A welcome speech for a party sets the tone for the party and makes them excited. Thus, a welcome speech for a party needs to be well prepared since it plays an important role in a party.
Here in this write-up, are examples of welcome speeches for a party that you can use when the time comes.
1. You are very much welcome to this party. We are very excited that you have chosen to celebrate this special occasion with us. Thank you very much for coming.
2. Good afternoon everyone and welcome to this party organized in honour of [name of person] who is marking [purpose of the party]. We have arranged a lot of fun activities and there is also lots of food and drink available to satisfy everybody. So relax and let’s rejoice with the celebrant.
3. On behalf of the host of this party, I want to say welcome to all our guests and well-wishers. Thank you for taking out the time to rejoice with us. We look forward to a lively and scintillating party.
4. Welcome to this party! It is a time of celebration and not mourning. So put off your gloomy faces and with joy in your hearts, let’s rejoice with our celebrant for the milestone he has achieved.
5. You are welcome to this party dear guests and well-wishers. The celebrant is very much delighted that you are here to celebrate with her. All plans have been put in place to ensure that you all have a fun-filled and comfortable experience. Thank you for sharing in her joy.
6. Welcome, dear friends, to a night of laughter, joy, and unforgettable memories. Let’s celebrate together and make this party a chapter in our book of happiness.
7. As we open the doors to this lively gathering, let the warmth of friendship and the rhythm of celebration fill our hearts. Welcome to a night of pure delight!
8. Step into a world where smiles are contagious, and every moment is a celebration. Welcome to a party where happiness knows no bounds!
9. Tonight, we’re not just hosting a party; we’re creating a tapestry of shared experiences. Welcome, everyone, to a night of togetherness and merriment!
10. In this room, filled with laughter and the sweet melody of celebration, each one of you adds a unique note to our symphony of joy. Welcome to a party where every guest is a cherished part of the melody!
Welcome Speech For Conference
A conference, unlike any other event, is a formal event that garners various calibre of people from different spheres of life. It is always an engaging and informative period where ideas are shared amongst participants.
In the formality of a conference, however, a welcome speech is never left out and usually comes first before going on in the conference.
A welcome speech for a conference must therefore be informative, and engaging, and should give an overview of the conference’s goals and objectives.
More so, a welcome speech for a conference could also include appreciating the organizers, sponsors and participants of that conference.
In this write-up, we have listed examples of welcome speeches for a conference that you can make use of.
1. Good afternoon, distinguished ladies and gentlemen. It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to this conference. We have here with us outstanding speakers and professionals in their respective fields that will be taking us on the presentations lined up for this conference. I am sure you will find it informative and engaging.
2. I welcome you all to the [x] edition of our annual conference. The theme of this conference as you already know is [state the theme] and we have erudite scholars who will be sharing with us their research so far on this topic and I know you will find it very informative. Their presentations will also be made available for all registered participants at the end of the conference so that you can easily go back to what they mentioned during the conference.
3. [Greetings]. On behalf of the organizing committee, I would like to say welcome to all the attendees of this year’s conference. We have worked very hard to make this year’s conference better than any other conference you have attended and we hope you will find it valuable and rewarding.
4. I welcome you all to this conference. We have gathered experts from various countries across the globe to share their knowledge and insights on the theme of this conference. We are especially glad you made it to this conference and thank you for being a part of it. Without further ado, let’s make welcome our first speaker, [title and name of person].
5. Welcome to this conference where we will be sharing knowledge and also get to explore novel ideas in the field of [XYZ]. We are excited to have such an exceptional group of participants with us today and we look forward to a productive and fruitful conference.
Welcome Speech For Virtual Event
A virtual event is an event that holds in a virtual environment as opposed to a physical event where the participants can interact with each other physically. A virtual event on the other hand also allows for interaction among participants but on a virtual platform.
The task of giving a welcome speech for a virtual event is no mean task. Therefore for your welcome speech for a virtual event to be right, you should do the following. Firstly, you should thank the participants for showing up from their different locations, then make known the purpose of that virtual event to them.
More so, you should also encourage them to participate and engage actively in the interactive session as it is a virtual event and participation will not be as in a physical event.
In this write-up, we have compiled a list of welcome speeches for a virtual event that you can make use of.
1. [Greetings]. I am very glad to welcome you all to this virtual event. Due to the prevailing circumstances, we have decided to meet virtually and we hope to make this event as productive as it has always been when we met physically. Therefore, I implore you all to be cooperative and engaging throughout this event.
Once again, you are welcome.
2. [Greetings]. Thank you very much for joining this virtual event from different places all over the world. The purpose of this virtual event is to [state the purpose]. Let’s follow the rules guiding this virtual event so that we all can gain optimally.
3. Greetings everyone. We are very glad to have you here for this online event. I can recognize some faces in different parts of the globe and I’m so glad you found the time to join this event. We will be discussing [topic] and we want you to send in your contributions using the medium provided for that. Without further ado, let’s get started!
4. Good afternoon, everyone. It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to our first virtual event of the year. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, we couldn’t meet physically but we are committed to making this virtual meeting just as effective. Kindly mute your devices while the facilitator is speaking so that others will not be distracted. Thank you once again for joining us.
5. Good day to all our participants all over the globe! Today’s discussion will be anchored by [name of person] from [name of country]. If you have any questions during the discussion, kindly note them down as there will be an opportunity to answer your questions at the end of the meeting.
With thunderous applause, kindly make welcome, [name of person].
Related Post: Inspirational Welcome Speech For Students
Short Welcome Speech For New Students
A welcome speech for new students is a way of formally welcoming new students to an academic institution.
When giving a short welcome speech for new students, it is expected that you can connect with the various classes of ‘new students’ as some are coming there at the first rung of the academic ladder like freshmen in a University while others are joining at the tail end of their academic pursuit.
Either way, your welcome speech for new students should be engaging, informative and encouraging so that these new students can get the best out of their academic pursuits.
Needless to say that the way you welcome new students who are coming to your school for the very first time, plays a big role in determining the attitude they put into their studies and the perspective they will have of your institution.
This write-up contains examples of short welcome speeches for new students that you can learn from to give a masterful welcome speech at your institution.
1. Good afternoon, our dear freshmen. We are so glad you have taken the bold step of joining this great citadel of learning. It can be quite challenging at first when you start your degree journey but you can rest assured that our indefatigable professors and staff will be there for you at every step of the journey. We wish you a productive learning experience.
2. Good day our dear new students. It gives me great joy to see you here at [name of institution]. You can rest assured that you are at the right place to receive the best education in your various courses of choice. The potential to be great lies in every one of you and here at [name of institution], we are committed to identifying each student’s uniqueness and building up on it. Once again I welcome you to this great citadel of learning and wish you a fulfilling experience.
3. Dear new students, it is my pleasure to welcome you to [name of institution]. As you begin this new phase in your life, you will be faced with lots of opportunities and I encourage you to take advantage of all of them that this institution has to offer. Always attend lectures, participate in extracurricular activities and make friends with your colleagues. Be open in your interaction with others and never forget to be kind to people every time you have the opportunity to be. I wish you a blissful education at [name of institution].
4. Dear new students, it gives me great delight to welcome you all as you begin your academic journey at this great citadel of learning. You have all made the right choice by deciding to come here and we will be committed to making sure that you get the best education. In case you encounter any problems when carrying out your registration, please do not hesitate to reach out to your advisers as they will be there to guide you. I wish you a great learning experience.
5. Dear new students, it gives me great joy to welcome you all to this great institution. We are pleased that you have joined this fast-growing community of learners and world-changers. Although starting at college might be a daunting experience, you can rest assured that you are not alone. Our team of committed and supportive staff will be there for you every step of the way. So calm your fears and face your journey with courage.
Welcome Speech For Students By Teacher
As a teacher, you have been charged with the task of imparting knowledge to people. However, you will be meeting some of them for the first time in your class and some of them will also be seeing you for the first time especially when it is an entirely new class or session. Thus, before you begin the introduction of your course, it is expedient to welcome the students to your class.
By doing so, you prepare the minds of the learners to get the best from your efforts to impact knowledge into them. More so, it also helps them to know you by name and to know the rules guiding your class so that they do not do what you dislike.
Are you a teacher looking for a welcome speech for students? This write-up contains a list of welcome speeches for students by a teacher that provide answers to your quest.
1. Dear students, welcome to a place where knowledge meets curiosity, and learning is an adventure. Together, let’s embark on a journey of discovery and growth.
2. In this classroom, each one of you is not just a student; you are a unique mind ready to explore the wonders of education. Welcome to a space where questions are encouraged, and learning is a shared joy.
3. As your teacher, I extend a heartfelt welcome to each bright mind seated before me. May this academic year be filled with challenges that spark your intellect and triumphs that fuel your confidence.
4. Welcome, students, to a classroom that values not just academic achievements but also the personal growth of each individual. Here, we learn not just from textbooks but from each other and the world around us.
5. In this room, we’re not just educators and learners; we’re a community of thinkers and dreamers. Welcome, dear students, to a place where your ideas matter, and your potential knows no bounds.
6. As you step into this classroom, know that you are not just students; you are scholars-in-the-making. Welcome to a space where knowledge is a treasure, and your journey towards excellence begins with every lesson learned.
Welcome Speech For Religious Gathering
A religious gathering comprises a conglomeration of people who share the same beliefs and values about a particular deity.
In religious gatherings, it is also commonplace to give a welcome speech before the commencement of that gathering because it spells out the purpose of the gathering to the congregants.
More so, it prepares the mind of the congregants for what they should expect to get for being in that gathering. A welcome speech for a religious gathering also sets the right tone throughout that gathering.
We have compiled a list of welcome speeches for religious gatherings in this write-up that you can deploy when allowed to give a welcome speech at a religious gathering.
1. Good afternoon, everyone and welcome to this special gathering. It is a joy to gather together and worship. Thank you for coming.
2. Good day, brothers and sisters. You are very much welcome to this sacred gathering and I pray that your coming will be rewarded.
3. [Greetings]. It is a pleasure to stand before you as we gather together to worship the only true God. As we gather today, let us open our hearts to receive all that He has for us.
4. Good day, fellow worshippers. It is an honour to stand before you as we gather together in unity to express our love and devotion to our Maker. May He bless you as you’ve come.
5. Good afternoon, brethren. We have gathered together again today, to worship the Lord and to receive from Him. As we’ve come, let us do away with everything that might hinder His blessings in our lives and let us look up to Him in faith that we might receive all He has for us
Short Welcome Speech For Church
This write-up contains short welcome speeches for church that you can use to make your congregation feel welcome in your church.
Oftentimes, people attend church to feel loved, fellowship with others and find the solution to their problems. Others even go the extra mile to change churches because they didn’t get what they needed from their former church.
Therefore, a welcome speech for a church is very essential in making sure you give your members an expectation of getting their needs met. It must thus create a warm and friendly environment, provide information about your church’s beliefs, mission, and values and most importantly, welcome first-timers to the church.
Feel free to go through this list of short welcome speeches for church that we have compiled here and use them in your church.
1. [Greetings]. I am so glad to see your faces again on this special day of our Lord. Thank you all for coming and I pray God will bless your sacrifice and labour of love. To our first-timers, we are especially happy that you are joining us today and we pray that God will establish you in His kingdom. Today we will be considering the word of the Lord from the book of [book in the Holy Bible]. Shall we bow our heads as we pray together?
2. [Greetings]. To God be all the glory for sparing our lives till this point despite all the evils around us. We are very glad you took the courage to be in His presence this day and we pray that God will bless your commitment to Him. Today is a day of thanksgiving and we will spend the next few minutes worshipping the Lord. Can we please rise as the choir leads us in worship?
3. [Greetings]. Thank you all for coming so we can fellowship with one another. We are grateful to the Almighty God for preserving us and we pray that this goodness will never cease in our lives.
4. Good afternoon brothers and sisters in the Lord. We truly appreciate your presence in today’s meeting and pray that God will meet the desires of your heart. For those joining us for the very first time, we are glad you are here and we hope that you will continue with us. Thank you and God bless you.
5. You are welcome to today’s meeting in Jesus’ name. It is our joy to identify those who are worshipping with us for the very first time. Will you please indicate by raising your hand? We are so glad you joined us today and we hope you will continue with us.
God is here to bless us all in today’s meeting so, let us open our hearts to receive the blessings He has prepared for us already. Shall we pray?
Opening Remarks Sample For Different Purposes
If you’re looking for opening remarks samples for different purposes, then you are at the right place!
Several formal and informal events all require opening remarks and that is why we have arranged a list of opening remarks samples for different purposes for you in this write-up.
You can use them for religious gatherings, business meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences, social events etc.
1. Religious gathering
Greetings to you all in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. I welcome you all to today’s meeting. For those joining us here at [name of church], we are very happy you are with us today and hope you will continue with us. We will be considering [XYZ] today and I know you will be blessed.
2. Business Meeting
[Greetings]. Thank you for making it to today’s meeting despite your busy schedules. You are most welcome. Today, we will be discussing [topic] and I look forward to a fruitful discussion with you all today. Once again, you are very much welcome.
Good day everyone and welcome to [name of conference]. It is a pleasure to see our esteemed experts and professionals here today. Our main objective for this conference is to share knowledge, exchange ideas and rub minds together on the current research focus. So, let’s be open to learning from one another and make this meeting productive. Thank you.
Good afternoon and welcome to this seminar on [topic]. I am very excited to see you all and to share my knowledge with you. I believe you will be impacted by the end of this seminar. If you have questions during the seminar, please kindly note them and we will answer them after the seminar. Without further ado, let’s begin!
Hello, and welcome to our workshop on [topic of the workshop]. I appreciate the turnout and I can see that you are very much eager to learn. I look forward to helping you develop your skills in the use of [XYZ] as the goal of this workshop is to provide you with practical knowledge that you can employ in your various companies and organizations. I am sure you can’t wait to begin. Let’s get started!
Good morning/afternoon everyone. I would like to extend a warm welcome to all of you who are here for this training session on [topic of training session]. My aim as the facilitator of this training is to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your job as [name of role]. I know you will find this training session inspiring and valuable. Let’s begin.
7. Social Event
Hello and welcome everyone! I can see we’re all excited today and can’t wait to get started with the event. I am just as excited as you are. The purpose of today’s event is to [purpose of event] and I hope you will enjoy all that has been planned in that regard. So, let’s get started and make the most of this event. .
Christopher is a well sought-after writer, speaker and life coach, helping many people to enjoy a better life in all endeavors. He speaks and writes on subjects concerning spiritual, relationship, career and finances.