Love is no respecter of person, you know, shy guys also fall in love.
There are mind-blowing facts about shy guys in a relationship that will leave you speechless when you find out. This is going to be an enlightening post, so follow me closely.
You might be wondering what there is to know about shy guys in a relationship. I’d want you to agree with me that there is so much to know about them, talk more of those that have been bitten by the love bug.
They tend to have mannerisms you’re yet to figure out. Trust me, these behaviors are amusing yet true.
Hints About Shy Guys
It is no news that shy guys generally are disinclined to the normal approach of mingling, relating with people, and being so free-spirited. Shy guys prefer being alone. They avoid the party life and would do everything to stay away from the crowd.
They are usually timorous and that is to the extreme especially when they sight a girl they like. They get timid and lack courage. Shy guys would never summon the courage to speak to a girl at first sight. They’d rather have a good look at her and be and fantasize in their mind.
They prefer to enjoy an atmosphere of being invisible than participating in any activities for fun. Shy guys being quiet doesn’t mean they do not like to have fun once in a while, they do. All work and no play make even the smartest dull. Shy guys also relax and enjoy at leisure when necessary.
It is unlike them to want to be seen. Behind the scene is where they prefer and this makes it difficult for most of them to volunteer for a leadership position unless they’re chosen without an option to opt out.
Shy guys are the ‘by their fruits you shall know them’ personnel. Their timidity is easily noticed. Studies tell us they are slow to warm up to a new situation, self-conscious, nervous, and insecure when unsure about what to expect.
One of the sure signs that a shy guy likes you is wanting to protect you from even the littlest form of hurt. He would never place you in harm’s way. He’ll be all over you, being so protective without getting on your nerves. Shy guys tend to love to a fault.
A fact about a shy guy in a relationship is showering all their love and affection on you although you’d have to be the proactive one. How do you do that?
1. Do not force him to talk when he doesn’t want to. Rather be understanding enough to love on him in this state. Your presence alone is therapeutic, especially for someone in love with you.
2. Dating a shy guy has you at an advantage as you can ask him questions that need him giving counsel, they’re good at it.
3. When he’s not talking, he’s probably reflecting and meditating. Let him be as he reflects and thinks critically because that’s who he is.
4. These awesome people do not like being the center of attraction, you might have noticed that as well. In this comprehensive post, I’d be letting you in on more facts about shy guys in a relationship.
Related Post: Questions To Discuss With Your Partner Through Phone
Psychological Facts About Shy Guys
There is more to this than meets the eye. Some guys are not shy because they choose to be. Who would want to be so timid to relate with people or even speak to a lady he loves?
1. I’d love you to know that some guys are not shy as a result of temperaments or what have you. Some tend to grow into being shy as a result of childhood experiences like being criticized while growing up as a child by anyone or receiving hostile treatment from family members. Some could be traced to environmental factors as research has revealed.
Some of them eventually get over being shy, while some never make it out.
It is therefore important to carefully relate with children at their developmental stages, so they don’t cave in and grow up to become shy. Be mindful of how you treat or talk to people because our words and actions have a lasting effect on many people, if not all.
2. Shy guys are mostly introverts. They hardly make the first move even when it is glaring that they love you or are aware that you do too. They’d rather send you requests and speak freely with you online on any of the social media platforms or a messaging app.
3. According to psychologists, shy guys value privacy a lot. They love peacefulness and quietness, they don’t like being disturbed. You’d often find them in a serene and quiet place. They are so heavy on solitude.
4. Shy guys hardly talk. They are not the type to always run their mouths or be so engrossed in a conversation. They don’t like their affairs being poked in. To avoid turning them off, just ask general questions when engaged in a talk. If he prefers not to answer a question, don’t force it, just let it slide.
5. When you hang out, ask questions about his interests, what he enjoys doing, and all. Take your time to talk about your surroundings. Do not ask him personal questions until he’s open enough to answer any question asked.
6. Shy guys are so fearful of rejection, hence, their lack of courage in making moves quickly. They take their time to observe you and know all there is to know.
When they feel at peace and assured about you, then they can do the needful. You also have to be sure you want to be committed to the relationship before giving a green light. Don’t raise his hopes if you won’t reciprocate his love.
Related Post: Sweet Romantic Words or Him
Shy Guy Weird Behavior
Did you know that shy guys exhibit some weird behaviors? Yeah, they do. You might have noticed their restlessness and nervousness especially when around their crush, although they try to hide it as much as they could.
– It is surprising to say that these guys with unusually strange behaviors are endowed with so much wisdom, nice personalities, and awesome traits. It is really weird to think that beneath this shy guy is a good listener.
Well, it is not totally strange because as shy guys, they’re not known to be wordy, they tend to be reserved and this makes it easy for them to listen to you without interruptions. They patiently wait for you to pour out your mind and say all you have to say while they listen attentively.
– Also, another weird behavior of a shy guy is being a good adviser. If you’ve been a close friend to a shy guy, you’d agree that they always give the best advice. After they might have listened attentively, they speak when it’s clear that you’re done and with so much wisdom. They profer solutions and give counsel that yields fruitful results.
– It is realy awkward to know that as smart and intelligent as a shy guy is, he hardly talks. He’d not contribute or publicize his opinion about a subject matter without being asked, even when he knows he’s expected to speak. He’d rather keep mute and listen attentively than say a word.
This is not to say they know nothing about the subject of discussion, they just won’t talk. They oftentimes know the right answer or what to do but prefer to be quiet than air their opinions without being beckoned to.
– It is unlike shy guys to be excited about talking, but then it is strange also to say they get all excited and want to chat away their time with someone they love.
Just as we wish the time would pause and stop ticking whilst we enjoy our lover’s company, they are also not left out. They get all chatty and talk about so many things, laughing heartily without boring their partners.
– Again, shy guys will stare at you lovingly and look away when caught. Isn’t that strange? It is glaring that you love me and when caught, you act otherwise. This would definitely sound funny to me.
They act this way because they haven’t mustered enough courage to come out clean to make their intentions known.
-The funny thing is sometimes they know that you are aware of their love for you, yet they aren’t willing to speak up as much as they desire to. Shy guys would pretend to not be in love with you even if it’s eating them up, till a suitable time for them to open up.
Related Post: Words To Gain His Trust And Affection
Signs A Shy Guy Loves You But Is Trying Not To Show It
Shy guys are probably the best at concealing their feelings for someone they love. They just won’t easily show it, but then it is visible in their actions most times. Their love speaks volumes through their actions majorly and not words till they are now free and open to you.
How do you know if a shy guy likes you?
1. He will always smile when he sees you. Your presence alone rubs off on him positively and you’ll just find him smiling sheepishly. Smile back at him and make him feel relaxed.
2. He would smile and blush when you compliment him. Yes, it’s strange but shy guys blush. This is a sign that a shy guy realy likes you. Guys also like being complimented. When a shy guy is complimented by someone he loves, you’ll see him smiling shyly.
3. When a shy guy likes you, he is mostly silent at first around you till he eventually becomes free with you and opens up to you.
He hardly talks when you’re around and he’s always fidgety. He is always nervous to see the love of his life that he’s yet to profess his love, as it’s not always easy for them to make the first move.
4. He is likely to always volunteer to help you when he gets the chance. A shy guy is ever willing to help just to see you happy and be with you.
5. A sign that a shy guy loves you but is trying not to show it is being defensive. They tend to defend you both in your presence and absence. Regardless of whatever is said about you, they take it upon themselves to fight for you and defend you.
You’ll be so surprised to see someone you’ve always known to be reserved, act all unbecoming just because of you. Don’t be insensitive to know that he loves you. Loyalty is one of their super strengths and traits, they are always loyal to whoever they love even while they’re not being watched, they jealously fight your cause, and defend you.
6. Shy guys are fun to be with if you’re able to successfully crack their nut. They play and open up to you. This set of people is always the ones with unusual hobbies. Things you’d never imagine them being capable of.
7. Another sign that a shy guy loves you but is trying not to show it, is through social media platforms. He’d rather send you a request as I’ve earlier mentioned than approach you outrightly. He prefers to be all chatty with you online than being with you even if he longs to be with you.
He loves to take things slowly and build a friendship with you online, making his love and intention known to you through his actions. He won’t hit the nail on the head yet, but he is polite in relating with you as it is their nature.
8. Shy guys are very caring and are respectful in your affairs wanting to know how you’re faring, how your day went etc. They are by nature affectionate and do not have to force it, it comes naturally.
They dote on you, admiring and complimenting you. You’ll find them checking up on you just to be sure you’re perfectly fine. They can go any length to see you faring well.
9. Lastly, it is unlike men to solicit help from women, talk more of asking them for advice. A sign that a shy guy loves you but is trying not to show it, is asking for your opinion or advice on a subject.
Men’s ego prevents them from doing that, but when he seeks your advice on a particular issue, be quick to know that he loves you so much that even your counsel and opinion matter to him.
How Do You Relate To A Shy Guy In Love?
1. Do not leave him to do the talking alone, reciprocate and ask simple questions to make him talk about himself, and by so doing, you get to know him more.
Whenever he chooses to be quiet, let him be, but make him comfortable in whatever state he’s in.
2. Always make him feel welcome. Do not interrupt him whenever he’s so chatty. Remember they are good listeners who would also love to be paid attention to while they speak.
3. Also, surveys have it that when a shy guy acts clumsy, drops things, or acts awkward upon sighting you, it is a sign that he loves you and is trying not to show it.
The best thing you could do in such a situation is never to make fun of him, that’ll be a bruise on his ego and he might never voice his intentions. Just smile at him as a way of calming his nerves rather than mocking or criticizing him.
Shy Guys’ Texting Habits
It is unlike shy guys to text first, they’re not like the typical guys who text or start a conversation. They prefer to be at the receiving end, replying to your texts rather than being the first to type.
– When you notice a shy guy likes you yet he’s acting otherwise, in the sense that he doesn’t text you first and won’t start up a conversation, don’t be discouraged. He likes you, he’s just being shy and would prefer you do the talking while he replies to you and even includes emojis.
Be patient with him till he eventually comes out of his shell.
– It is unlike a shy guy to text and be very active in conversations if he doesn’t like you. When he begins to chat with you frequently or respond immediately when online, rest assured that he likes you because he hardly does that.
A shy guy could go as far as leaving his data connection on and at any beep or notification he anxiously checks his phone hoping to get a message from you.
– You can spot the difference in the texting style of a guy who likes you. Texting less is one of a shy guy’s texting habits because to them it feels awkward texting a girl but that changes when they like you.
They find any reason whatsoever to text you and use emojis to make you laugh at times. A shy guy in love with you will want to talk to you anytime. His day wouldn’t be complete without hearing from the one who has won his heart. They are just always excited to talk to someone they love.
– Another shy guy texting habit when he likes you, is being extra careful while texting to avoid making mistakes as that can be so embarrassing for him. He’s careful not to get you angry and will try to avoid misconceptions as much as possible.
If he gets you pissed off, do not act rashly because he’d never hurt you intentionally.
When the texts get constant, don’t just text randomly. Ask questions to make him feel free and open with you. Be patient with him till he’s comfortable enough to talk about himself. Don’t get on his nerves by asking unnecessary or confidential questions at the early stage.
When he eventually becomes free with you and asks you out on a date, be careful not to reject him. Doing that will make him lock up. Playing hard to get with a shy guy is a risky game, you lose.
Remember he summoned so much courage to voice out his feelings and toying with his emotions can be dangerous. Try not to make excuses if you like him too and if you have to, be polite in doing so and reschedule.
Final Word On Fact About Shy Guys
I believe you can now easily notice a shy guy in love with you when you see one. Peradventure your partner happens to be a shy guy, I want to believe you know how to deal with and tolerate him now.
As a lady who is in a relationship with a shy guy, you should make your man comfortable being with you always. Don’t be hard on him because he loves being comfortable and not pressured by whoever he finds love in.
Hold his hands every chance you get, whisper sweet words into his ears, and smile at him to make him feel special and loved. Always show him that he’s good enough and that his thoughts matter in any conversation you have.
Conclusively, never compare your man to another. That’s bluntly telling him he’s not good enough. Love him effortlessly and do not criticize him, rather figure out another means to correct in love.
Be gentle on him and don’t be the man over him nor take him for granted. Learn to reciprocate his respect for you also. Make him feel relaxed when with you and let him enjoy peace around you! It is every man’s desire to have a lady who gives him peace of mind.