Grieving doesn’t stop immediately after the burial. In fact, it may take months and years to come to terms with a loss. With the passage of time, the grieving family may become more attentive to the anniversary of that person’s death.
If you know someone who’s reliving the death of a loved one, you might feel stuck on how to comfort him or her. No matter who you’re reaching out to, we’ve curated some words of comfort on anniversary of death. They will help you give the much needed support from your end.
Words Of Comfort On Anniversary Of Death
1. We may not be graced to interact with that beloved person, but we can’t deny the incredible moments we shared with him. The quality of life lived and the lives they touched will remain with us.
2. I know this time is hard for you but I think of you all the time. I wish you healing, recovery, and peace of mind. I won’t judge you for what you’re feeling, just know you have a shoulder to cry on if you need one.
3. It’s been years since she left us but we carry a part of her we will always cherish and enjoy. She was a gift we’ll keep treasuring till we reconnect.
4. I understand that anniversaries like this can be depressing for you. Take comfort in knowing I’m here to support you all along the way. If you need help, let me know. She was a great friend to both of us, and I won’t let you go through this alone.
5. Although you think of him, remember all the happy and sad times you shared with him. I’m also here if you want to relive those memories. Let my friendship be a light to you in this darkness.
6. She was the loveliest person I’ve ever met. No doubt, she would want to be happy no matter what happened. I feel the same way too. Let me know if you’re available for a stroll. We could talk about anything you want.
7. My heart is with you at this sad moment. It can be painful to lose someone so special. We can never forget him. On this anniversary, be comforted by my love and words of prayer.
8. What a peculiar thing grief is! It can make one so helpless before it. All we can do is allow it to flow through us till the pain heals. We will grieve for her because she was worth it. But we will also celebrate her because she was beautiful.
9. It takes a strong heart to face the death anniversary of a loved one with calm. I pray you have the strength to keep pushing. Call me if you need anything.
10. You must be wrestling with a lot of pain today. You and your fare are in my thoughts. May you be filled with peace in this tough time.
Encouraging Quotes After Death Of Loved One
There’s something about a quote that can best convey your feelings. Grief has a way of putting an emotional pause, causing people not to express themselves as well as they normally should. In that season, lots of encouragement is needed.
That’s why we have provided these encouraging quotes after death of loved one. We hope they will help you pay tribute to that special one while empowering you to pick yourself up again.
1. She lived a good life and though she battled a lot, she was courageous to meet death calmly. Her works will speak for her where no one can. We also need to prepare ourselves so we can boldly face death.
2. Loss cannot be measured as time, but thank God there’s no limit to grief. We’ll grieve for him all our lives because he was a great person.
3. I don’t think one can get used to losing a loved one, and it’s unfair to demand that. Even when you think you’re over it, it shows up differently. But what’s more surprising is my ability to withstand it.
4. Can grief ever end? Probably when your love for that person ends and that is never. But it gets better with time and that’s fine.
5. Tears are an unexplained mystery. They are sacred and powerful that speaks of deep grief and love. Not many have this gift. So express them when they come.
6. Even though they transitioned today, we look at them not with sorrow but with joy that they left to begin a new life in eternity, free from all the drudgery of this world.
7. It’s human to cry over a lost one. It’s a sign of strength so embrace it fully. Grieving also shows the world how much your loved one meant to you.
8. It’s easy to feel conflicted while grieving. On one hand, you remember the pain of losing them and cry hard. On the flip side, you remember the funny memories and chuckle. However it comes, express yourself.
9. The love you had for your loved one will conquer all the pain and darkness you feel right now. Be filled with hope that soon you’ll say to him “Hello again.”
10. He may have skipped out of earth but he is forever locked in your heart. There’s no getting rid of him any time soon.
Related Post: Words Of Comfort For Someone Who Is Hurting
Short Inspirational Quotes After Losing A Loved One
These short inspirational quotes after losing a loved one can show you how to honor that special person. They will help you with expressing how much your loved one meant to you.
Sometimes, we can’t define how much impact someone had on you via words, but a good quote can give you the closure you need. Below are some examples to help you get started.
1. Isn’t it amazing how one becomes strong for others and grieves when the curtain closes? This is what losing you has made me become.
2. If only tears could make me come to you, I’ll build an unbreakable bridge to meet you right away.
3. Right now, it’s hard to look beyond the grief but basking in the memory of you will strengthen me for tomorrow.
4. You may not be able to stop bad things from happening but you can stop grief from defining your existence.
5. There’s no little grief. Every moment of loss is worth mourning over. Allow yourself to process the pain.
6. There’s something about tears that speak more powerfully than words. They convey a depth the heart can only express.
7. Never forget about being happy even if the circumstances around you evoke sadness. There’s still so much to live for even in the face of grief.
8. Grieving shouldn’t be the order of your life. You have the right to live a happy life. No matter how short or long the grieving process takes, your life is precious and must be lived.
9. It’s sad to lose someone special but it’s sadder to waste away on grief. You owe it to yourself and your loved one to make the most of your life.
10. Grief isn’t an enemy but a worthy teacher. Learn the lessons and live them out or they’ll become a waste.
11. Some day, you’ll wake up and realize that the storm of grief is over. You may not even know how it happened but you’ll know you’ve emerged as a different person.
12. Every pain is a gift. It makes you stronger, brave, and wiser. Rather than lament, be grateful to your past for the great future you will have.
13. It’s in the darkness that the light shines brighter. Look for the light in the grief you’re experiencing. I promise you, it’s closer than you think.
14. The only truly dead is one who never impacted a soul for the better. So, if you still feel the ripples of their existence, they still exist.
Related Post: Emotional Tribute On Anniversary Of A Death
What To Say On A Death Anniversary To A Friend
1. “On this solemn day, I want you to know that you’re not alone in your grief. I’m thinking of you and your loved one, and I’m here to offer my support and comfort in any way you need. Remember that their memory lives on in our hearts, and their impact on our lives will never fade.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you want to talk or share cherished memories. Sending you love and strength, my dear friend.”
2. “As the anniversary of your dear one’s passing arrives, my heart goes out to you in a profound way. I can only imagine the emotions you must be feeling today, but please know that you have a friend who cares deeply about you and is here to offer a shoulder to lean on.
May the memories of your loved one bring you some comfort, and may you find solace in the knowledge that their soul rests in peace. You’re not alone in this journey of remembrance and healing.”
3. “Today, as we mark the anniversary of [Name]’s passing, I want you to know that I am standing by your side, sharing in your grief and honoring the beautiful person they were. It’s heartwarming to recall the moments we all shared with them, and it’s a testament to their lasting impact on our lives. Their memory lives on, bright and unfading.
In this difficult time, may you find the strength to navigate your emotions, and may the pain of loss be replaced by the warmth of the fond memories we hold close to our hearts.”
4. “With deep compassion and understanding, I reach out to you on this day of remembrance. [Name]’s presence in our lives left an indelible mark, and their loss is still keenly felt. I hope you find comfort in the cherished memories we share, knowing that these moments continue to connect us to them.
While words may not fully express the depth of our emotions, please remember that I’m here for you, just like always. May you find peace and healing during this time, and may [Name]’s soul rest in eternal peace.”
5. “As we gather in our hearts to remember [Name] on this solemn day, I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. The bond we shared with your loved one was special, and their memory remains alive in our hearts and minds. Their absence is deeply felt, but together, we can find strength and support in one another.
In this moment of reflection and remembrance, I hope you can also find a sense of peace and closure. You’re not alone in your grief, my friend. I’m here to listen if you want to talk, reminisce, or simply find comfort in our shared love for [Name].”