100 Powerful Night Prayer For Family, Yourself And Loved Ones
One of the most important responsibilities we have as Christians is to pray.
In fact, we are commanded to pray and not to faint. Thankfully, Jesus gave us a perfect example of that when He walked on Earth.
As the saying goes, charity begins at home. The culture of prayer should start from the home.
If you’re not used to praying, you can begin that as a night discipline by praying a powerful night prayer for family.
By starting with those you love, you will not only build a habit of prayer, but you allow Divinity to transform your home.
Praying a powerful night prayer for family also affords you the chance to appreciate God for the day and ask Him for a refreshing sleep for your loved one.
We’ve listed some prayers to help you. Pick a powerful night prayer for family from these examples and pray at least one every day of this month. Shalom!
Powerful Christian Evening Prayer
Looking for a powerful christian evening prayer to pray today? Check out th examples below.
1. You said I should ask, and it shall be given to me. Lord, give me a good night’s rest so I can wake up refreshed and happy to begin another day. I bless you for seeing me through today. You didn’t let anything weigh me down, and for that reason, I’m grateful.
2. May the peace and protection of Christ surround my bed. I will not be attacked by nightmares and worries. Rather, I shall sleep like a baby because my Daddy is watching over me.
3. Holy Spirit, cover me. Let me feel safe with you. Let my mind be filled with your truth. Let my emotions be regulated. Help me not to be tossed to and fro with every passing doctrine. As this evening breeze cools my body, let my soul be refreshed by the warmth of your presence.
4. Lord, cleanse my heart from every worrying and upsetting thought. Help me to trust in your Word that says you will supply all my needs. I lay all my fears at your altar. Comfort my heart tonight in Jesus’ name.
5. Oh Lord, let the cares of this world not choke my love for you. Let my heart be turned towards you. In the darkness of this night, wash and purge me of all impurities. Renew my faith in you above everything in Jesus’ name.
6. I praise you for today. I bless you for the work of your hands. I thank you for all the victories you let me have today. I’m eternally grateful for all the problems you solved on my behalf. Thank you, Lord, for making today a success. As I sleep, let your soothing presence engulf me. Be glorified in Jesus’ name.
7. Lord, I confess all my sins tonight. I’ve not been on my best behavior today. I’ve said things I shouldn’t have. Forgive me for my insensitivity, and show me how to behave as Christ would. As I ask for forgiveness, teach me to be more forgiving to others as well. Thank you for giving me a clear conscience.
8. Lord, I’m praying for my family. Show them you exist. Let me be guided by your Word. Help them to see who you made them to be. Help them hunger and thirst after you in Jesus’ name.
9. Thank you for your touch. You’ve made my life a happier one since I met you. I pray that as I come to bed, Holy Spirit, come and have your way with me. Take charge of my sleep and let me wake up happier in Jesus’ name, amen.
Related Post: Powerful Intercessory Prayers For Family Members
Powerful Night Prayer For Family
Make it a habit to cover your family with prayers. Select a powerful night prayer for family from the list below:
1. Lord, I bless your holy name. Thank you for providing for my family even before we have a need. Thank you for the fun times we share with each other. Help us to continue to love each other and grow in you. As we go to bed, help us to always remember that we have a loving and caring Lord in Jesus’ name.
2. Father, in this day and age where families have broken apart over the flimsiest things, I commit this family into your hands. Make us into a people after your character. Let people see us and recognize Christ in us in Jesus’ name.
3. Lord, you’re with this family everywhere we are. Only you know what’s hidden in their hearts. My Father, give my family the wisdom to navigate this world. Let them not be easy prey for the devil to feast on. Cause them to trust in you with all their hearts and lean not on their own understanding in Jesus’ name.
4. I surrender this family to you, Lord. Just like the Psalmist, help us to become people after your own hearts. Let our ultimate focus be on pleasing You alone. Help us not to be consumed by the distractions of this world but to be neck-deep in fulfilling our purpose on this Earth in Jesus’ name.
5. Lord, as we return to bed, shield us from every evil plot. Since we’re in our most vulnerable state when we sleep, we trust that we will not stumble under your watchful eye. Show us visions of our destinies in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, come into our hearts and help us to live as Jesus would. Help us to always choose your will at every time. Let your angels continue to surround our home in Jesus’ name.
Short Prayer Before Sleep
Sometimes, your spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. However, because you value your relationship with God, it’s important to pray a short prayer before sleep.
1. As I’m heading to bed, I choose to hold on tightly to you. Help me to be the leader you want me to be across all areas of my life in Jesus’ name.
2. No matter the darkness of the night, there’s joy and rejoicing in the morning. Lord, let the anticipation of joy fill my heart tonight.
3. Thank you for everything you did today, for the lovely birds singing in the morning to the yummy meals I enjoyed. Thank you for my relationship with family and friends. Thank you for being good to me.
4. Lord, I’m going to bed. Heal me of my diseases, and cleanse me of all the hurts I faced today. Fill me with the strength to live life again.
5. I declare that my family is blessed beyond measure. My children are taught of the Lord. My wife is a virtuous woman and we are a family fulfilling Your purpose. I pray for a restoration as we go to bed in Jesus’ name.
6. Father, thank you for this dramatic day. You’ve been with me through the fire and the water. I commit all of me to you. Let your name be glorified in Jesus’ name.
Related Post: Short Passionate Prayers For Loved Ones
Bible Verses For Night Prayer
One of the best ways to pray is to pray Scripture. You’re practically praying the Will of God. If you want to begin night prayers, here are some bible verses for night prayer to help you.
1. Joshua 1:9: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Father, thank you for the assurance of your Word. We know that it can never fall to the ground as long as you have spoken it. I commit myself and my loved ones to your able hands. As we wake up for the new day, empower and strengthen us to do the tasks you have assigned us for the day. Let our hearts not faint or despair. Help us to set our eyes on you alone. Be glorified in all that concerns us in Jesus’ Name.
2. Matthew 11:28-30: Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Oh Lord, thank you for a great day. I bless your holy name for the grace to see the end of another beautiful day. Only you can make this possible. Lord, give me your yoke. Fill my heart with rest as I lay all my burdens before you. Let my sleep be sweet and restful. Thank you, Lord, for answering my prayers.
3. Psalm 4:8: In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
As the Psalmist said, I declare that my sleep can be safe. I will not be hurt by anything at night because the Lord is watching over me. The peace of God surrounds me every step of the way. Thank you, Lord, for victory even when my defenses are down. Be glorified in Jesus’ name.
4. Psalm 91:5: Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night;
I declare that my fear of the night terror has no hold over my life because I am protected. I commanded the destruction of every force that wants to terrorize me in Jesus’ name. My home is a secure place. Every environment I enter is secured by the power of the Holy Ghost in Jesus’ name.
Powerful Evening Prayers
You don’t need to wait till late night to begin prayers. Many people are most sleepy around that time anyway. However, if you want to set the tone for your night prayers, you can begin with these powerful evening prayers.
1. It is written that in the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow. I command every altar that has been risen against me and my loved ones to be destroyed by the blood of the Lamb.
2. Lord, I pray, for every plot that has been created to steal my peace, I declare that the plotter falls into his own trap. I shall rest peacefully and awake with joy.
3. Every mouth that is speaking evil against me, the blood of the Lamb speaks better things. In the name of Jesus, start confessing that Jesus is Lord. And if you’ve refused, may your mouth be crushed in Jesus’ name.
4. Lord, I command the destruction of every tare that has been sold by the enemy. May my ground remain hostile to the seeds of the enemy in Jesus’ name.
5. Lord, thank you for not allowing me to be tempted more than I can bear. In any temptation I’ll be facing tomorrow, show me the way out you have provided and give me the grace to take it.
6. Lord, let your holy spirit come upon me and my family members as we sleep. Let us see a higher dimension of you that will enable us to serve you better.
7. Father, help my family members push aside every evil thought that arises from their constant worries. Instead of worrying, empower them to call upon you in times of trouble with the assurance that you will answer them.
8. Lord, help me not to be conformed to this world but transformed by the continuous renewing of my mind. Help us to prioritize our relationship with you above everything.
9. Lord, help us to listen as the holy spirit speaks to us in our sleep. Help us not to forget the instructions he gives us in Jesus’ name.
10. Lord, I am winding down today, but there are many things going on through my head. Empower me to deal with these many thoughts, to be still and hear your voice. Thank you, Lord, for answering me.
11. Thank you for helping me make it to the end of today. You have given me victory. I used to be afraid of the night, but you have comforted me with your Word that says you will never leave me nor forsake me. I know you’re here right now. Thank you for loving me this much.
12. Father, restore my energy as I sleep. I’ve been waking up feeling more tired than usual. I declare my bones receive strength tonight in Jesus’ name.
13. Thank you, Lord, for being my rock. You are the foundation I stand upon which I will never fall. Have your way as I sleep.
14. Lord, continue to be my fortress. Let me dwell safely in you as a babe in her mother’s arms. Guard my heart and my mind. Let my whole being be enclosed in your love. Thank you, Jesus, for everything.
Prayer For Sleep And Anxiety
Have you been feeling anxious lately? Are you losing sleep over any problem? Problems are a constant presence in this world. Even the Lord said every day comes with troubles of its own, but He has also promised to be with us. The cares of this world have a way of consuming our peace. Rather than dwell on them, choose to pray a prayer for sleep and anxiety. We’ve provided examples for you.
1. Lord, I’ve been troubled all week and barely been able to sleep, but I remember that when Jesus woke in a boat that was about to drown, he rebuked the wind and commanded peace to reign, and it did. Lord, I invite you into my troubles. Cause a dead calm to come upon me. I declare that I will sleep peacefully tonight in Jesus’ name.
2. Father, help me to trust you more than anything. People have made promises, but overall, help me to depend solely on you. Help me not to get hinged on the promises of man. Also, help me not to focus on the problems surrounding me but to trust that you are there with me.
3. Lord, remove from me the spirit of fear. I declare that when I lie down, I will not be afraid. Instead, my sleep will be sweet. My heart is as bold as a lion because I have God to validate me. All the praise and glory to you, Jesus.
4. Let your peace reign supreme in my heart. Calm my anxious heart, oh Lord. Help me not to get excited by the happening around me but to bless you instead. Fill in me a spirit of gratitude and help me to understand that all things are working together for my good as I lay down to rest in Jesus’ name.
5. Lord, as I retire to bed, I want to feel your presence. I want to know that you are with me. Let this night be another communion between you and I. Show me dreams of what you want me to be. I rebuke every dream that instills anxiousness in me. Have all the praise and glory, Lord.
6. Lord, I’m terrified. I fear I will not have the means to support my family tomorrow. However, help me to trust in your love. Let the assurance that everything will be alright because you are there so I can sleep. Be exalted in Jesus’ name.
7. Deliver me, Lord, from this evil spirit called anxiety. Give me the grace to make my supplications to you instead of worrying. Put the right words in my mouth to speak. Thank you, Lord, for everything.
8. It is written that the joy of the Lord is my strength. Let the joy of having you overshadow this anxiety I feel. Help me not to feel nervous about anything because you are alive. I declare that I fear nothing because Jesus is with me. Therefore, I sleep in His peace.