For a wife, the loss of a good husband can be emotionally shattering. She feels his loss deeper than most because of who he was to her and their kids.
A husband’s wears many hats primarily as a leader, a provider and a protector. He is a pillar of strength for his wife and gives identity to his children.
So when death cruelly snatches him away, it can be devastating for his family.
Like many widows, you may be asking yourself, “how can I write an emotional tribute to my late husband?”
That’s why you have us. We’ve prepared many examples that will inspire you to share the awesome character your husband was.
Each emotional tribute to my late husband message is heartfelt and sincere. You can use any of them as they are or tweak to add more personal touches.
You can also select an emotional tribute to my late husband message to share on social media or during your husband’s memorial.
What To Do: My Husband Died Suddenly And Unexpectedly
“My husband died suddenly and unexpectedly, what can I do?”
Can anything prepare a wife for the sudden death of her husband?
Not even a prolonged illness.
This kind of loss is difficult to handle and you may be in disbelief that it happened.
The sudden death of your spouse can leave you shocked and unable to process things at that moment. Many demanding activities may pop up and it can feel daunting to decide on what to focus on.
Not knowing the steps to take after your spouse’s passing can lead to frustration. To save you the stress, we’ve provided pointers on how to move from one point to another:
1. Organize yourself
There are many decisions you’ll need to make so you won’t feel overwhelmed later when grieving. At first, it may seem too much to handle, but they will keep you grounded in the meantime.
Get your spiritual leader on board. You need to reach out to your family members too. You also need emotional backup and support.
If your spouse had a funeral plan, do get all the documents ready.
2. Start the necessary calls
It’s important to let others know of the sudden death of your spouse. Call family, friends, professional relationships, children (if any), and the funeral home.
Expect to say the same thing many times over during conversations with different people. So, you will need to write it down so you won’t forget anything. If this is too much for you, you may get a loved one to do the talking for you.
3. Request help when needed
Feel free to ask for help. Don’t assume you’re strong enough to handle this. It’s a difficult moment for you to handle things all by yourself.
Let your loved ones know the exact kind of help you need. Is it with laundry, the kids, or some funeral errands? Let them know.
Also, people may also offer you help. Accept it if it will ease your burden.
4. Care for yourself
The sudden death of your spouse may leave you feeling too weak to care for yourself. In situations like this, one’s health and well-being usually get neglected.
However, self-care is part of the healing process. If you already have a self-care routine, stick to it. Set alarms if need be to do basic self-care for the first few weeks.
5. Embrace your grief
The pain of losing a partner unexpectedly is different from any other. You need to feel your pain and be present in your grief. It’s okay to be unprepared to deal with this grief. Just accept the emotions that appear each time.
Refuse to tough it out or act like they aren’t there. Moreso, do not rush your grieving process. Take the time you need.
After losing a spouse, you may feel like you cannot live anymore. But many days and weeks will pass, and you may not understand how you survived. Know that you’re not alone.
After taking these measures, try to live a day at a time. We hope that soon, you’ll heal from the pain you feel.
Related Post: Tribute Messages In Memory Of A Loved One
Emotional Tribute To My Late Husband
If you’ve had a great husband, there’s no doubt that losing him is heartbreaking. To show how important he was, you may want to let the world know how awesome he was by writing a tribute. We’ve provided these templates to help you write an emotional tribute to my late husband.
1. I’ve been blessed by God to be the wife and companion of a loving, kind, and extraordinary human being. I don’t know of a better life than the one I spent with you. I was living the dream of a happy married life. You made sure I had the best of everything. In fact, you were always proactive about my needs. What more could a woman ask for? I’m in great pain for losing you but still, I’m grateful I was your wife.
2. One of the worst things to happen to a wife is to lose the greatest companion she ever had- her husband. It’s painful to think how I will go on. But if you were here, you would have told me to be strong. I remember all the fun times we shared. You were a wonderful person to do life with. Till we meet again, I’ll always hold you deep in my heart.
3. My dear husband, you were always a man of your word. You fulfilled every vow you made on our wedding day except for this: to be with me for 60 years. We’ve only done 50, just ten more were left before you could leave. Still, you gave me an adventurous life. We truly lived it as a couple. Thank you for pushing me to be a better version every day. I’ll always love you.
4. It still feels like I lost you yesterday. I hold tightly to our memories, but what I can think of more is your soothing voice. I feel you’re comforting me even in death.
5. You always encouraged me to push myself. You always told me I could do anything. How I wish you were here to see me land this whale client. You would have screamed the roof off. Thank you for instilling courage in me.
6. You were a warm, gentle being. You taught me to be kind and empathetic towards others. Indeed, I was better behaved around you as people noted. You complimented areas I lacked and took time to cultivate me. You left me a better woman. You’re my soulmate forever.
A Message To My Loving Husband In Heaven
Just because your husband is no more doesn’t mean you can’t write him a message. He may not be present to read it but it can help you feel better as you grieve. Moreso, it can do wonders for your emotions. So, if you want inspiration for a message to my loving husband in heaven, the examples below will guide you.
1. No matter how far away you are right now, nothing will separate your memories from mine. I’ll always love you and keep the moments we spent together alive. You’re mine even in eternity.
2. When I met you, all my dreams came true. You remain my love now and forever. Thank you for being a part of my life.
3. The love we shared was unlike anything I’ve ever felt. I had wished us forever but sadly that’s not so. I’m glad I got to show you how special you are to me. I’m always all smiles when I’m with you. I’m even smiling now as you’ve come to my mind.
4. Thank you for showing me true love. You’re the kind of man every lady wishes to have. I’m glad I chose to marry you and I’ll do it again if we were to meet again.
5. I woke up with a heavy heart thinking of you. Once again I’ll have to face the kids. I’ll have to pretend everything’s okay even though I’m falling apart. I really miss you.
6. You were a true partner. You were consistently there for me and the kids. You never failed in your role as a father and a husband. I feel your absence the most. You left a deep void, honey.
7. It’s unbelievable that you’re gone. Wasn’t it just a few months that we were planning Thanksgiving? It’s going to be a lonely holiday for me. But rest in peace knowing you left a lovely family behind.
Related Post: What To Say When Missing Someone Who Died
Tribute To My Husband Who Passed Away
One of the best ways to honor your late husband is to write him a tribute. Exalting his efforts during your time together will ease your grief while filling you with gratitude. If you’re stuck on how to write a tribute to my husband who passed away, check out these examples.
1. You were a huge personality with a heart of gold. the kids and I enjoyed having you around because you represented warmth and protection. Thank you for giving me a lovely marriage. Nothing beats the peace of mind you gave us. I wish you stayed for longer but I hope you’re resting in peace.
2. Your presence in my life catapulted me from being a shy person to the confident woman the world acknowledges. You were the catalyst for my all-round growth. Thank you for loving me through different seasons. I hope I was a good wife to you. Enjoy your rest.
3. You’ve been an incredible father and husband. It pleases me when I hear our son saying he wants to be like you when he grows up. You were a great example other men emulated. No one can stop singing your praises even though you’re gone. Rest in peace, my dear.
4. You’ve always been a hard and strong worker. You’re my hero, now and always. Do rest, great soldier.
5. Marrying you was one of the best decisions I made in my life. The whole world tried to stop us but God came through for us. We grew in leaps and bounds and built a beautiful life together. Couldn’t you have stayed a little longer? I hope we reconnect soon.
6. You were a loyal and supportive partner. You cheered me up in my down moments and helped me make all my dreams a reality. I could count on you in good times and bad times. You’re such a blessing. Thank you for always being patient with me. Rest in paradise, darling.
7. He was the epitome of great masculinity. He took on his role as father with joyful seriousness. I enjoyed having him as a partner because it made life easier to live. No matter how tough the day was, I could always rest in his big, burly arms. I’ll miss him every second.
8. From the first day of marriage, you made sure that we live by Godly principles. In no time, our marriage became a source of inspiration to others. Thank you for choosing to be a great man and a great husband. Many lives, including myself, have continued to be transformed by you.
9. There are some people who enter your life and cause positive disruptions. My husband was one of them. He taught me how to be a strong and fierce woman. He believed in me more than I believed in myself. All my accomplishments are thanks to his consistent investment in me. I wish he stayed longer to enjoy the fruit of his labor. Even then, I still celebrate him.
Missing My Husband Who Died Quotes
Despite how long you’ve lost him, there’s still going to be this nagging ache in your heart when he comes to mind. Death is a part of life. Continue to reminisce on the great experiences you two built together. We hope these missing my husband who died quotes captures your memories perfectly.
1. I read an entire dictionary to find the words to say I miss you, but nothing could express the emptiness I feel about your absence. I miss you terribly and I hope you’re doing well.
2. Marrying you was the sweetest decision. Our marriage was almost a fairytale with a pinch of reality checks here and there. But I feel I’m in a nightmare without you here. I’m missing you a lot.
3. You lived long and you lived well. You lived richly and so splendidly the kids want to take after you. What a legacy you left behind!
4. I made him some promises and broke some of them too but one thing I promise him is that I’ll miss him forever.
5. You were the perfect lover. You loved me with all you had and sacrificed so much for my comfort. My happiness was yours. I couldn’t have married a better man.
6. I still ache over your demise, but remembering you’re now in paradise comforts me. Enjoy resting with the Lord.
7. Death is one table yet it’s still shocking when it comes. Maybe because there’s hope that it won’t come anyway.
8. Losing you couldn’t have happened at a worse time. I still don’t know how to navigate life without you. You’ve messed things up by leaving. I miss you so much.
9. I see you everywhere. I feel I can turn and see you watching the Lakers in your yellow Tshirt like you do every Saturday. You’re more present in death than life.
10. I hope I never get over you. You were the best man for me in every sense of the world. You completed me and gave me a fun life. I wish we could spend many more of this life together.
Widow Missing My Husband Who Died
Are you searching for ways to express your hurt over your husband’s death? These widow missing my husband who died messages related the sorrow and feelings that come with losing a spouse. We hope you find them relatable.
1. These days, I wake up with the hope that you’ll hug me only to realize you’re not there. It saddens me you’re no longer here. I miss you a lot.
2. Life has lost its color. It’s just black and white now. My heart is broken but each piece still craves your presence. I hope you miss me as much as I miss you.
3. Even though we’re far apart, we’re deeply connected. Once I thought I heard you say my name, but you weren’t there. This shows how much I think of you. I miss you
4. It’s unfair how easy it was for you to die, and how it feels to live without you. If you can come back for a day, I’ll really appreciate it. I miss you, darling.
5. I’ve never felt so alone since you left, but the warm memories of you give me the assurance I’ll be okay. Thank you for being a great husband. You remain close to my heart.
6. Right now, I can’t see you but I know you’re still guarding me from above. I feel your eyes on me everywhere I go. I always have you in mind, darling.
7. There were many times I was afraid but your comforting presence pushed away every fear I held. But when I lost you, despair fell over me. Still, I hold your picture envisioning you are here to comfort me. I miss you.
8. If you were here, we would have planned a vacation to your dream destination. It was your turn to experience the Sahara. I would have loved to see the joy in your eyes when I told you I booked tickets. I will miss everything about you.
9. Sometimes I rush home with a juicy piece of news only to remember you’re no longer here. My soul wells up in sadness, and I begin to speak to the walls again. I hope you can hear my heart as it misses you.
10. Nowadays, I go to sleep after imagining you’re beside me, singing our favorite song. I miss your tenderness and your care. I love you more.
Husband Death Quotes
Are you looking for husband death quotes to ease your grief? The quotes below may provide much needed comfort and honor the life you two spent together.
1. Every memory of you is a comfort to my aching soul. You were such a huge part of my life, a light that I can never put off. I still feel your love.
2. Even though your side of the bed is cold, I choose to remember all the good times we had. Your love is a blanket over my heart, healing my wounds left by your death.
3. It’s unimaginable that you left too soon in our marriage. But I feel the power of your love giving me the strength to handle the challenges.
4. Your presence engulfs me in such a powerful way that I still feel you’re here. Still, I weep salty tears that are a testament to my love for you.
5. I didn’t think I could make it this long without you, but you are etched so deep in me which gives me the strength to live.
6. We had an unbreakable bond even death couldn’t shake. I promise that when we meet again, I’ll give you such a bone-crushing hug you’ll stick to my side for a lifetime.
7. Could you come back to me one more time? I promise I’ll tell you everything that’s in my heart. I’ll hold nothing back. I love you, honey. I hope we meet again.
8. There are too many things I miss about you: the cuddles, the pillow talk, the dates, the cordial silence, the teases, and above all, the companionship. I wish you never left.
9. I hear your cheeky laughter in every corner of the house. You’re still a vibrant presence even though you’re gone. I hope to hide the sound of you deep within my heart.
10. If someone had told me I would be a widow at this time of the year, I would have cursed to the highest heavens. Now, I’m cursing my luck for not spending enough time with you.
Grieving the death of a spouse or significant order is not easy. And it’s alright to grieve deeply to express how much we love the dead and how much they will be missed.
However, we must also come to term to the reality that death is unpredictable and unavoidable. I’m sending my condolences and wishing you the strength to bear the loss.