Studies have shown that comforting words for someone with cancer can boost the longevity of the patient’s life.
It’s normal to feel tongue-tied face-to-face when a loved one or someone you know who’s suffering from cancer. However, offering comforting words for someone with cancer is a type of support highly demanded in this tough time.
If you don’t know how to go about this, we have put down carefully selected comforting words for someone with cancer. Use as many as you wish.
- Short Positive Message For Cancer Patient
- Comforting Words For Someone With Cancer
- Words Of Encouragement For Sick Person With Cancer
- Religious Words Of Encouragement For Cancer Patients
- Get Well Messages For Cancer Patients Example
- Cheerful / Funny Positive Message For Cancer Patient
- One Liners For Cancer Patients
- Words Of Encouragement For Cancer Patients Family
Short Positive Message For Cancer Patient
You don’t need long platitudes to comfort a cancer patient. A well-timed, short positive message for cancer patient can uplift their mood. Check out the examples below.
1. Sometimes, the most beautiful things must come out of the most difficult experiences. This is one such experience. Don’t let it beat you.
2. Despite all the medical inventions, the most powerful pill is hope. Keep your hope alive.
3. The night may be the darkest right now, but the sun will come. Even though this fight with cancer is a painful one, you will overcome it.
4. I pray every day that your courage in this battle decreases. Cancer has no choice but to give way to you. May you defeat it completely.
5. Cancer has taken a lot from you, but never let it take your life. You are stronger than it. Be blessed.
6. It’s easy to think about all the things we could have done at a time like this. Refuse to ponder on regrets. Instead, think of all your wins. Most importantly, think of the life you will love once this cancer has been dealt with.
7. I understand that this can be painful and even overwhelming. Let me be the friend in need and indeed for you. I’m here to hold your hand through this pain.
8. You will rewrite your story again. All your years of chemotherapy will be wiped away once you’re declared cancer free. A new destiny awaits you.
9. This pain will be your gain. Embrace it and give cancer a good fight. Let it know it stands no chance against you.
10. May your recovery be sensational and, more so, an inspiration to all those in this predicament. I pray your will to live gets stronger every day. I look forward to seeing you in sound health again.
11. It’s easy to think there’s no way out of this tunnel. The end is closer than you think. You’ve come a long way. Believe that you’re not at the starting point.
12. Cancer has no power over you. It cannot destroy your relationships. It cannot reduce your faith and courage. It’s weak compared to you.
Related Post: Positive Words For Someone Having Surgery
Comforting Words For Someone With Cancer
If your loved one has been diagnosed with cancer, you will naturally want to comfort them. You want to be there for them as well as respect their privacy. Sometimes, the best support is to send a heartwarming message. Send a message with comforting words for someone with cancer from the list below.
1. I don’t want you to feel you’re alone; we are standing with you in this battle. Our prayers, love, and support are with you. Your sorrow is our sorrow, and your victory is ours as well. We’ll stick with you to the very end.
2. I don’t care what the diagnosis is. What I know is that there’s a God who can make the impossible possible. Your body is His temple, and this sickness has no right to be there. He will surely intervene, and you will testify.
3. This is a phase you will overcome. It has nothing over you. You have a lot of strength, and you can create another story. This isn’t your end.
4. There are many chapters about your life to be written, and cancer is only a short chapter that will soon be over. Remember, you are victorious, and it’s only a matter of time before it bows to you.
5. I understand how excruciating the healing process can be, yet you wear a cheerful smile on your face. It’s amazing how you encourage others when facing your own pressure. I don’t think I could do the same. You inspire me.
6. You’re not a cancer patient. That is not your identity. You’re a warrior who has defeated this. Let’s prove this by organizing a vacation. Once this is over, we’ll add a party as well.
7. I’ll stick to you tighter than glue. If you think you’ll get rid of me, you’re mistaken. We are soul friends, and I’ll never abandon you. We have a celebration to host, so get well soon.
Related Post: Unique Ways To Say Get Well Soon
Words Of Encouragement For Sick Person With Cancer
In the most uncertain times, some encouraging words can be lifesavers. Getting a cancer diagnosis can be shocking. Offering some words of encouragement for sick person with cancer can boost their morale and will to live. Choose from the list below to help someone out.
1. It’s impressive to see how much you’ve grown with this cancer. Your endurance capacity has been stretched. Your courage even inspires the doctors to keep going. This is one of the most difficult times in your life, but you’re winning day by day. Still, it’s not as easy as you make it seem. I know you need some boosters. Let’s go for that pottery class sometime. What day works for you?
2. As each day passes, we’re a step closer to the end. I’m eagerly counting down to when I have my love come home to me whole and healthy. You’ve sacrificed a lot during this time. It’s been hell for everyone; however, I’m super proud of you. You keep showing cancer how much of a badass you are. I’m happy you’re in my life.
3. I wish I could transfuse plenty of good energy and positivity to you. Still, I feel blessed to encounter a personality like yourself. I choose to support you through it all. Every day, I pray for you, and I’m happy to see God is answering my prayers.
4. I am thrilled to hear that you’re showing signs of improvement. I’m sure the next best news is coming our way. This is a scary time for you and me, but despite this, I would still choose to be by your side. I know you’ve handled this, but I would feel honored to hold your arm through this. May I come over every day to pray for you?
Related Post: Encouraging Words For Sick Person
Religious Words Of Encouragement For Cancer Patients
Getting diagnosed with cancer is a scary one. If someone close to you has cancer, chances are that person is dealing with many negative emotions. This is the right time to remind them that God is close by and He’s ready to heal. That is why I have written some religious words of encouragement for cancer patients. These words will provide some comfort to their broken hearts.
1. By His stripes, you are healed. As Jesus has overcome the world for your sake, so have you overcome cancer.
2. It is written that the expectations of the righteous shall not be cut short. I expect to get a phone call that you’re at home, cancer free and ready to live again. I hold firm to this expectation. See you soon.
3. I can say many things to you, but one thing I will bring to your attention. It is written that though you’re in the fire or water, God will be with you. He is present, feeling your pain. May He comfort your soul.
4. The doctor has presented a report, but it’s out of alignment with what God says. Cancer has no place in your life because your body is God’s temple. You will be restored like Job. Keep your heart on God.
5. Cancer is too small a thing to claim your life. This present pain will pass away, for there’s greater glory ahead for you. Don’t be afraid. You have a lot to live for, and God will fulfill the number of your days.
6. This present situation is only working patience in you. You will emerge a more perfect version of yourself. Let’s keep our gratitude because, in all things, we are commanded to give him thanks.
7. I pray for God’s mercy over your life. May His mercy speak for you in this situation and beyond.
8. I know it’s difficult to maintain joy in this kind of situation, but I pray that God’s joy is your strength as you go through chemotherapy. The cancer cells will go weaker, and you will come out healthier.
Get Well Messages For Cancer Patients Example
It’s difficult to have the right words to say to someone with an uncertain future. But who knows their future anyway? Being a cancer patient is traumatic. So what can you say to someone undergoing chemotherapy? Here are some get well messages for cancer patients example.
1. I’m terribly sorry I can’t be there at this moment for you, but I’ll do everything in my power to be here. Nevertheless, I have interceded for you. You are in my thoughts, day and night. Get well soon.
2. When I look at you, I see a brave, stronger, and more beautiful warrior. You’re more attractive than you were. Refuse to let cancer reduce your worth.
3. Cancer can give you a tough time, but life is worth fighting for. You are undefeatable because Jesus has nailed cancer to the cross. So, get well soon.
4. Fighting cancer can be tiring, but your strength will not fail you. In the end, you’ll look back with triumph. I can’t wait to go on dates with you again.
5. Thank you for not giving up on yourself. Your strong belief in getting out of this hospital has reignited hope in many of us. I can almost see you walking out of that door with a warm smile. Get well soon.
6. I’m grateful you didn’t end it all out of fear. You’ve topped the list of my five most inspirational people in the world. The world must hear about your bravery. I’ll make sure of it once you’re out of here.
7. Everyone misses you at the hangout. We can’t wait to hold, hug and laugh with you again. We’re waiting for an icon. Get well soon.
8. It’s amazing how you’ve chosen to shine your light despite the pain of cancer. People now look up to you for strength. You’re far better than any celeb. Get well soon.
9. I’m glad you’re getting to know who is for you and who is against you in this situation. All I desire is that you get better so you can spend time with your loved ones.
Cheerful / Funny Positive Message For Cancer Patient
Fighting a disease as brutal as cancer is hard. It can be tough to be happy in that situation, so the best distraction is laughter. However, it’s not all humor that the cancer patient will accept. So, exercise care when sending a cheerful / funny positive message for cancer patient. Ensure to keep the humor light and positive. Keep reading for ideas you can share with someone who has cancer.
1. I know it was difficult losing your beautiful hair in your late twenties. But hey! You don’t have to worry about hair loss or what hairstyle to make. I know you don’t like hair jokes, but I’ll say them anyway. I would treat you differently because of this sickness.
2. I’ve racked my brain with a million things to say regarding the mastectomy. One thing keeps coming up; you’ll never waste time on bras again. Seriously, you’ve always complained about having big boobs. Though this is a problem, I believe you’re still the beauty inside out that I know.
3. You’ve always wanted to take a long vacation with the family. Though I wish you were on a break under different circumstances, I’m glad we still get to spend time with you. The entire family’s whole again.
4. I took a sick leave to hang out with my bestie today. Though I’m not sick, we’re related, and that’s almost the same. Now that I’m here, any ideas? I’m game.
5. I remember our discussions on retirement. We had pictured it differently. Nevertheless, let’s make sure you get healthier so your retirement can be part of the plan.
6. I’m sorry for complaining whenever you took me to karate training. Now, I’m grateful for that. With our unique techniques, we can kick cancer out for good.
7. I’m unhappy seeing how much chemotherapy has affected you. It’s not fun to be sick every time. On the flip side, chemotherapy doesn’t let you shave as much. That’s a plus.
8. We still have those boring meetings and long conference calls. But they’re nothing compared to this. We wish for your presence. I miss seeing you roll your eyes and scream ideas during meetings.
9. Since you were out of the office, I didn’t realize our colleagues were so annoying. I just want you to get well soon. The office is boring without you. Plus, I’m tired of dealing with others by myself.
10. I’ve heard people saying how strong you must be. Sweetie, there’s no need to be strong if you don’t want to be. You have me and everyone else to share in your burden.
11. Back then, at school, you used to play sick, so you bunk classes. The teachers never detected a thing. Now I wish you were playing a pretend game to skip work. I wish I could take this from you. Still, I’m here for you all the way.
12. I read somewhere that adding sugar helps one swallow the medicine. I don’t know how true this is, but I brought you some sugar cakes and smoothies. I just want to make this treatment better for you since you’ve not eaten well for some time. I hope you enjoy them.
One Liners For Cancer Patients
Are you racking your brain for one liners for cancer patients? Check out the examples below for inspiration.
2. The doctor must have sent the wrong diagnosis; he needs to do another test.
3. Cancer must have run away because of how powerful you are.
4. You’re one tough cookie.
5. Cancer must be regretting entering your body right now.
6. You live each day as if nothing happened to you. I’m impressed.
7. You’ve taught me the attitude to put up in a bad situation.
8. I’ve my shoulder here for you to cry as much as you want.
9. We’re not going to talk about cancer but the things you’d rather be doing right now.
10. It’s okay to be upset by the hurtful comments people said, but show them you’re above that bad attitude.
Words Of Encouragement For Cancer Patients Family
Cancer isn’t only hard on the patient but on the family as well. If it’s a loving family, they are hurt seeing their loved one in such deep pain. It’s easy to throw in the towel at this point. You can offer some words of encouragement for cancer patients family. Check the messages below if you don’t know how to
1. Thank you for sticking with her in this trying time. I know it’s not been easy for everyone, but with you all being her strength, she’s making a speedy recovery. Please don’t cry in front of her. She’s already feeling responsible for a sickness she had no role in. Keep your faces bright and shiny, and she’ll get out of this in no time. Thanks again for being a supportive family.
2. You’ve got to be the most loving and caring family I’ve seen. Having been in this practice for a while, I’ve watched how the news of one family member having cancer led to their abandonment. Many patients die because there’s no love from a close one. I’m sure your presence will help her heal in the shortest time. Kudos!
3. I’ve watched many families break up on hearing a loved one has cancer, but you’ve all held on with strength I’ve never seen before. It’s admirable. The doctor said that his vitals are strong, and the chance of recovery has risen to 70 percent. You’re the reason behind this. Keep on the good work, and soon you’ll have your son hale and hearty.
4. You’ve not been taking care of yourself since his chemotherapy started. He needs to see you all looking good. I know it’s hard, but abandoning your self-care will make him feel more depressed. If you need help with anything in the house, I’m here.
5. I know the reports aren’t looking up, but I don’t want you to give up. She needs you more than ever. I’ve seen you all doing your best, and I commend you. May the good Lord uphold you all with His right hand. I wish her a speedy recovery.
6. Don’t try to be too strong. You’re human, too. Cry as much as you want. Knowing he’s in this state hurts all of us.
7. Right now, you have too much on your hands. Shuffling between work and the hospital is tough. Let me get some of the load off you. I’ll handle the cooking. Would you mind if I dropped some meals in the fridge for you? If you don’t, let me know if you have some preferences, I should note.
8. I’m excited to see you. How are you doing today? I hope the treatment is progressing. I see you’ve been going through so much. My sister went through cancer too, and I turned to reading. If you want, I could get you some of the books.
9. I’m sorry about her. We’re praying for her. I know the last thing on your mind is cleaning. I could help you. I can be there to take care of things in your absence.
10. You’ve had a lot on your mind, and I understand why. You can’t stay in Gloomsville for this long. May I take you out for dinner or a movie? Let’s get rid of this gloom for a day. Just let me know which day works for you.
Christopher is a well sought-after writer, speaker and life coach, helping many people to enjoy a better life in all endeavors. He speaks and writes on subjects concerning spiritual, relationship, career and finances.