Pastoring over a congregation comes with diverse multi responsibilities which few are; preaching and teaching the word of God to the people, engaging them in covenant practices, praying for people, settling family issues, giving advice, and encouragement, and making provisions for those in need, etc.
They are always available anytime their attention is needed, trying all their best to see to it that the people are okay, offering their selfless service to humanity.
They also pass through life challenges sometimes, but they overlook theirs to focus on the people in their care. Words of appreciation for a pastor and his wife, either by prayers, words of inspiration, or encouragement would give them the inner strength to stand firm and gives peace of mind.
Below are different words of appreciation for a pastor and his wife, to let them know that they are appreciated for all they do.
Scriptural Words Of Appreciation For A Pastor And His Wife
Sending scriptural words of appreciation for a pastor and his wife will uplift and encourage them to continue doing the works of God.
Pastors are our spiritual guidance, they direct us through the right path, helping us face and conquer the limitations of life. They are always there to listen to whatever you have to say.
Sending them words of appreciation from the scripture is a proof of your love and gratitude for them. Below are examples of some scriptural words of appreciation for a pastor and his wife.
1. Thank you for all you do, dear pastor. And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19.
2. For God is not unrighteous to forget or overlook your labor and the love which you have shown for His name’s sake in ministering to the needs of the saints (His own consecrated people), as you still do. Hebrews 6:10.
3. We can’t thank you enough, Pastor. Tend (nurture, guard, guide, and fold) the flock of God that is [your responsibility]…And [then] when the Chief Shepherd is revealed, you will win the conqueror’s crown of glory. 1 Peter 5:2,4.
4. Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow you all the days of your life, and through the length of your days. The house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be your dwelling place. Psalm 23:6.
5. May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope. Romans 15:13. We love you, dear man of God.
6. Because at [your] standing of the test of this ministry, they will glorify God for your loyalty and obedience to the Gospel of Christ which you confess, as well as for your generous-hearted liberality to them and to all [the other needy ones]. And they yearn for you while they pray for you, because of the surpassing measure of God’s grace (His favor and mercy and spiritual blessing which is shown forth) in you. 2 Corinthians 9:13-14.
7. Recalling unceasingly before our God and Father your work energized by faith and service motivated by love and unwavering hope in [the return of] our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah). 1 Thessalonians 1:3.
8. And how can men [be expected to] preach unless they are sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who bring glad tidings! [How welcome is the coming of those who preach the good news of His good things!]. Romans 10:15.
9. The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you. Numbers 6:24-26.
10. The Lord recompense you for what you have done, and a full reward be given you by the Lord, the God of Israel, under Whose wings you have come to take refuge. Ruth 2:12.
11. For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Jeremiah 29:11.
12. Let the word [spoken by] Christ (the Messiah) have its home [in your hearts and minds] and dwell in you in [all its] richness, as you teach and admonish and train one another in all insight and intelligence and wisdom [in spiritual things, and as you sing] psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody to God with [His] grace in your hearts. Colossians 3:16.
13. I thank my God at all times for you because of the grace (the favor and spiritual blessing) of God which was bestowed on you in Christ Jesus. [So] that in Him in every respect you were enriched, in full power and readiness of speech [to speak of your faith] and complete knowledge and illumination [to give you full insight into its meaning].1 Corinthians 1:4-5.
14. Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6.
15. And now may the Lord show loving-kindness and faithfulness to you. I also will do well by you because you have done this. 2 Samuel 2:6.
16. Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand). Jeremiah 33:3.
17. I thank my God in all my remembrance of you. In every prayer of mine I always make my entreaty and petition for you all with joy (delight). [I thank my God] for your fellowship (your sympathetic cooperation and contributions and partnership) in advancing the good news (the Gospel) from the first day [you heard it] until now. Philippians 1:3-5.
18. ….What eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, [all that] God has prepared (made and keeps ready) for those who love Him [who hold Him in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits He has bestowed]. 1 Corinthians 2:9.
19. Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. Isaiah 41:10.
20. Let the elders who perform the duties of their office well be considered doubly worthy of honor [and of adequate financial support], especially those who labor faithfully in preaching and teaching. 1 timothy 5:17.
Related Post: Heart Touching Thank You Messages
Inspirational Words For Pastor Appreciation
At some point in our life, we humans need to hear some inspirational words of appreciation, including the pastors, cause they are humans too, they also feel what we feel at times.
Inspirational words for pastor appreciation will convey your in-depth gratitude and stimulate them with a positive feeling to keep on the good work on the body of Christ (the church).
Explore these composed inspirational words for pastor appreciation below to relay to your pastor.
1. Beloved, for all your handiwork will not be in vain. Stick to teaching the word of the Lord. He sees all that you do and He will not forsake you. I appreciate all that you do pastor.
2. May the grace of the Lord be with you. You have been a blessing to me and my family, you are an example of God’s true servant. Thank you for being such an angel.
3. Discouragement may arise, but do not give in to it, for the Lord is your shepherd and you are the apple of His eyes. I appreciate you so much.
4. I appreciate you for all you have done, pastor. Know that the heights at which your ministry and teachings will go are more than your expectations.
5. I appreciate and celebrate you, dear pastor. Glory to God for how he has been using you mightily in this church. May the Lord increase you in ways you’ve never imagined.
6. Your teachings of the word of God have built up in me a strong faith in God. You have been a source of lifting to me and my family; both spiritually and physically. We appreciate you, pastor.
7. Undisputed truth are your sermons, simple and practical. Thank you for always spreading the good news.
8. I appreciate your selfless service and work for the church. You humbled yourself for Christ to be Glorified. May your faith remain strong in God.
9. I am always delighted at your steadfast love and faith in God, doing the work of the Lord with no regard for material things. Thank you for all that you do for the church.
10. Your desire for souls to be saved into the kingdom of God knows no boundary; that desire saved me also from the world. I appreciate you, may God reward your immeasurably.
11. I appreciate you dear pastor, thank you for availing yourself to be used as a vessel by God, to minister and save souls into the Kingdom.
12. Dear man of God, we appreciate you for your persistence in the church. May the Lord, Your rewarder, renew your strength. Thank you!
13. Man of God, I appreciate you for answering the call of God to be His messenger, reaching out to people in the world. May the Lord direct your path.
14. I appreciate you, Pastor, keep up the good work you are doing, dear man of God. Thank you for simplifying the word of truth, delivering people from the lies of the enemy. The Lord is watching and the effort will never be in vain.
15. The church is really growing in every aspect it should, continue serving and doing the work of God, for he is with you and will always be by your side. I appreciate you man of God.
16. You have played a really important and unforgettable role in my life and this church, we appreciate you, pastor. You are blessed in Jesus’ name.
17. I appreciate you, my spiritual leader. I am a testimony of the role you are playing in the church. Through you, I developed the courage to overcome my fears and walk in victory always. The hand of God will be upon you till the end.
18. Let nothing stand as a hindrance between you and your God. Continue to believe in Him. For we are seeing the results in the church. I appreciate you, Pastor.
19. You are doing the work of the Father as instructed, faith is becoming strong, and beliefs system are positively changing. I appreciate your service. Keep up the good work, Pastor.
20. I learned to live a life of holiness by your teaching of the word of God. You are a channel of blessings to all of us in the church. I appreciate you man of God.
Related Post: Appreciation And Prayer Messages
Appreciation Message To My Spiritual Father
Your spiritual fathers inculcate and give spiritual advice and directions. You can’t pay for their efforts, only God can. But you can express your gratitude, by sending an appreciation message to your spiritual father. Below are some examples.
1. Thank you Daddy for being a spiritual father to me. You have always guided me on the word of God, and always desire to see me grow spiritually. May the Lord increase you mightily.
2. You are a true definition of a spiritual father, feeding us with the word of Life. I appreciate all you are doing. May the Lord continue to reveal Himself to you.
3. Many youths and old have been saved by your love for God and the church. Thank you for your spiritual leadership. Remain blessed, sir.
4. You are a blessing to my generation, sir; always looking for a way to help us in the church and beyond. I appreciate you, sir. May God continue to bless you.
5. Your impact on my spiritual life can never be forgotten. Thank you for your prayers and time invested in me, to see me become better. Blessings.
6. Despite you being a mortal, you are an embodiment of the love of Christ to me and others. I appreciate you, dear spiritual father. We are blessed for having you.
7. A counselor, father, adviser, and more you have been to me. I thank God for giving you to us, may He abound with you continually.
8. I appreciate you, sir. Indeed, God still speaks to His servants. You have shown me the right track to be in life. Your sacrifices will not be in vain.
9. May God shower you with an unending blessing from above. You have been such a generous and kind father. I appreciate all you do.
10. I am blessed today because of you in my life. I can think and take decisions on my own because of your consistent mentoring. Thank you for being part of my life, sir.
11. Dear pastor, I appreciate your steadfast love for Christ, and fr the members of the church. May the Lord of the church bless you abundantly.
12. I appreciate you, sir, for always being available when I need you. The crisis came but you stayed by me and helped me to stand firm and overcome. I am so grateful, sir.
13. May the good Lord bless you always, pastor. Knowing you was never a mistake, but rather a divine blessing. Thank you so much, Daddy.
14. May God bless you with more wisdom and understanding and continue to use your mightily. I appreciate all you are doing in my life, sir.
15. This day I ask for more grace of God upon your life beyond your expectations. I am always grateful to you, my spiritual father. Stay blessed.
Christopher is a well sought-after writer, speaker and life coach, helping many people to enjoy a better life in all endeavors. He speaks and writes on subjects concerning spiritual, relationship, career and finances.