I Apologize For The Mistake I Made Message
A working environment is a place where we are to put in the best to be or best. However, we cannot completely avoid making mistakes at work due to our imperfections as humans. When such happen, it is necessary that you show how remorseful you are and communicate your regret to your, customer, coworker, or superior.
Now you don’t have to rack your brain to come up with I apologize for the mistake I made message. We have carefully written some professional ways to say I apologize for the mistake I made that you can use at work for whoever you might need to send an official apology letter.
Of course, this collection of I apologize for the mistake I made message, letter, notes and quotes may serve as an inspiration to come up with a more definite apology letter, peculiar to your scenario. Nevertheless, we have made some effort to make you find the perfect fit to apologize for the mistake you made.
- Professional Letter Of Remorse And Regret
- Apology Letter To Company For Mistake
- I Apologize For The Mistake I Made Message / Letter
- I Apologize For The Mistake I Made Examples
- How To Apologize To A Customer For Bad Service Sample
- Short Apology Message To Customer
- Samples Of How To Apologize For The Mistake And The Inconvenience
Professional Letter Of Remorse And Regret
Sometimes you may have offended someone at work, but you may not have the chance to apologize for face to face. So, your next option may be to send a professional email or letter of apology. Here are samples of letter of remorse and regret you can send to, either a client, boss, business partner, or colleague:
Whatever the case may be, and whoever may be concerned, any of these professional email apology samples can be slightly edited to perfectly fit your desire.
1. Dear Sir/Ma,
Subject: Apology for Uncouth Behavior
I am humbled to write to you regarding my unethical behavior at the meeting. I have never fathomed there will be a time you will witness my lack of self-control. There is no excuse for my behavior. I am sorry for my terrible response. I am only to blame.
I hope this changes the bad perception my wrong actions may have formed. Once again, I am sorry.
2. Customer Email ID
Subject: Apology for the delay in order delivery
We regret the delay of your order dated 1st January 2022.
First, we apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused. Sadly, your order is untraceable at the moment.
Be rest assured we are working hard to locate your order as well as uncover the cause of this error. This matter has been expedited to the appropriate authority. Once your order has been traced, we will deliver it to you at once.
Thank you for your long-standing patience. Feel free to respond to this email.
We apologize again for the delay.
3. Subject: Apology for Late Payment
We apologize for the late payment of the Company tax fee as a result of unavoidable circumstances.
Attached to this mail is the scanned receipt of payment as well as the issued cheque of $3000 against our tax payment for January 2022.
Kindly accept our profound apology for the delayed payment.
Company name and signature
4. Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. (Last name of customer)
We, ( Company Name), seek your apology for offering services beneath your expectations.
We regret the inconveniences we have caused you during your stay with us.
Still, we would like you to remember the previous experiences you have had with us which were pleasant and satisfactory.
We request you do not take this experience to heart as you are one of our oldest and most treasured customers.
We apologize for this experience and offer you a two-day free stay plus on-the-house payment for all your food.
We hope you accept this. Let us continue our long-term partnership with one another.
Our warmest regards,
Manager and signature
5. To: Customer Mail Address
Subject: Apology for delivery of a defective product
We are deeply sorry that the electric fan you purchased from our store was not functional. As per our culture, we double-check the functionality of our products before sending them for delivery.
We apologize and regret any inconvenience we have caused you. We suggest you return the electric fan to our closest store to you so you can either receive a replacement or get a refund if you want.
Once again, we are deeply sorry.
6. Subject: Apology for the Delay in Supplying Goods
We are sorry to inform you that the goods you ordered as of January 1st, 2022, which are supposed to reach you on January 5th, 2022 are going to be delayed due to the curfew imposed on the Transportation sector in our state.
Despite the unexpected hassle, we are putting in all our efforts to ensure your goods are delivered soon.
Please, accept our apology as we desire to keep our relationship with you flourishing.
We promise your goods will be delivered to you on 10th January 2022. We plead with you to bear with us.
Thank you for your understanding,
Name of Sender
7. To : ( Receiver’s Email address)
Subject: Apology for deleting files
Dear (Recipient name),
I am sorry for deleting the important files required for the tender. I had no intention of doing such but I regret my carelessness in this situation. I apologize for the mistake I made.
I understand this has created a problem for you and the company. This has also affected the reputation of the company.
I deeply regret the mess I have created. I promise there will not be a repeat of this mistake.
I informed the Manager this was my mistake and was pleased with her to withdraw the penalty given to you.
I hope our professional relationship does not end because of this.
My deepest apologies,
8. Recipient mail
Subject: Apology for Sending wrong documents
I write this mail to apologize for sending the wrong documents to our clients. I regret this mistake, and I am ashamed of the loss this mistake has created for the company.
It is true that apologies cannot erase mistakes, but please know I am sorry for being careless.
Please forgive me.
9. Subject: Apology for the late submission of the report.
I am sorry for exceeding the deadline for submission of the report.
This report was slated to be completed by January 8th, 2022, but I failed to meet up.
I am working extra hours to get this report ready before January 15th, 2022.
I appreciate the trust you have provided in me to work on this project.
Once again, sir, I am sorry
10. Subject: Personal apology for missing the deadline on a group project
I am sorry for being a sent on our project. I know how frustrating this was for you and I accept responsibility for it. It was my fault it was turned in late.
I have informed our Manager I was the reason for the late submission of the project. I promise this will never happen again. I will be more responsible with my tasks and will complete my responsibilities before the deadline.
Also, if I am struggling with the deadline. I will make sure to inform you and the Manger ahead of time before it escalates.
You are a valuable teammate to me, and I hope we get past this soon.
Let me know what you think.
Related Post: Samples Of How To Apologize At work
Apology Letter To Company For Mistake
As an employee, we know mistakes are inevitable, so we prepared these letter of remorse and regret, to say that you are sorry for any mistake at work.
1. Dear Sir,
Having reviewed this monthly performance, I write to apologize for my poor performance. My lack of efficiency and inability to meet up deadlines led to this.
I promise to work harder and regain the trust you had in me.
Thank you sir for another chance.
2. Subject: Apology for poor food service
We deeply apologize for the poor food that was served during your stay with us. At XYX, we pride ourselves on serving fresh and tasteful meals to esteemed clients such as yourself. This negligence on our part is a gross one and we take responsibility for it.
Please, accept our apology.
3. Subject: Apology for wrong figures
I apologize for the inaccurate figures written on the file. This was due to my carelessness. I promise to be more careful next time.
4. Subject: Apology for Wrong comments made
Hello Sandy, I want to apologize for the way I spoke to you earlier. It was wrong of me to say such things. There is no justification for that. Please forgive me.
5. Subject: Apology for taking a bribe
I apologize for accepting money from the client before bringing him to you. I know this goes against the rules of this organization and I defaulted in that regard. I have returned the money, and I will not repeat this mistake again.
6. Subject: Apology for revealing personal details of another
I am sorry for breaking your trust. I allowed my excitement to get to me and revealed your secret. Please will you forgive me?
7. Subject: Apology for distasteful remarks
I feel terrible about the negative way I described your project. I allowed feelings of jealousy to control me. You are a great person and I do not want to lose you. Please, pardon me.
8. Subject: Apology for racist comments
We apologize for the comment we used in our last email. We did not realize it was racist in any form. We deploy apologize for the hurt we have caused you.
9. Subject: Apology for plagiarism
I am regretful of the plagiarized report I sent to your email. This is due to my haste in getting the work done that I did not think about the consequences of my actions. Please pardon my foolishness.
I Apologize For The Mistake I Made Message / Letter
1. Subject: Apology for hidden service charge
It has been brought to our attention that you were uninformed about some of the service charges incurred on your purchase. We apologize for our lack of transparency. Your charges have been refunded.
2. Subject: Apology for substandard products
We are sad to know our products were below standard. They usually go through quality checks before being delivered to our customers. We are remorseful about this.
Expect another delivery soon.
3. Subject: Apology for company change of name
We have come to understand our decision to change our company name is not going down well for you. We did not realize our company name was endearing to you. We have decided to rectify our mistake by keeping the name as it is. We are glad our name means a lot to you.
Related Post: Samples Of Apology For Mistake And Inconveniences
I Apologize For The Mistake I Made Examples
We got you some examples to say I apologize for the mistake I made, either to your colleague at work, boss, or business partner.
Any of these may be used as the body of your letter of remorse and regret.
1. Dear Mary, I am sorry for being late for the meeting chaired by you. I know how excited you wanted me to be there on time so we could look over the details.
2. Hello Neya, it was unethical for me to call you out the way I did even though you are still new here. Forgive my mess up.
3. Hi George, our Manager delayed your project idea. I am sorry for this. I know how important this was to you.
4. You are a creative person. I apologize for questioning your plans at the board meeting. I am sure you will cook up something ingenious to nail this deal.
5. I regret not being available for my colleagues. I have been overwhelmed with my new responsibilities as the Team Lead.
6. I am sorry for taking on this new project without informing you first. Your opinion is still very much important to me and I will never take you for granted.
7. I am regretful I agreed to the client’s impossible requests without thinking twice. I wanted us to have this deal. This will not repeat itself.
8. I take responsibility for the irresponsible behavior of my teammates at the Office Party. Their reasons are inexcusable. I will see to it they are better behaved next time.
9. I deeply regret my hasty resignation. I made that decision in the heat of the moment. Can I return to my job?
10. Dear Sir, I accept I was irresponsible with the samples. I have reworked my file space. Please forgive me.
11. I apologize for the sudden leave I took without prior information. My father had a stroke. Please consider my situation.
12. I am sorry for taking those pictures without authorization. I intended to keep them for reference. I have deleted them. I promise to work according to the rules next time.
How To Apologize To A Customer For Bad Service Sample
In the course of conducting business, mistakes do happen. If poorly handled, those mistakes could fester and destroy your relationship with your customers. Here are some examples of how to apologize to a customer for bad service to show remorse and regret.
1. We observed that our scheduling application only sent one of your posts. We apologize for our inability to pick this up earlier. The problem has been rectified.
2. I regret to say your order has been botched. The delivery truck was attacked by armed robbers alongside Marina Road. Your order will be delayed for a week at most. Please exercise some patience.
3. We are sorry our Macadamia Oil is out of stock. Due to some instability in the North, our delivery was delayed. We believe this will be rectified soon. Meanwhile, enjoy a 30 percent discount on our other oils. Thank you for your understanding.
4. Hello Mr. Ken, please accept my apology for the spare parts that were wrongly delivered to us. We got to know they were unfit for your car specifications. The right parts are being shipped to you now. Thank you for your understanding.
5. We sincerely apologize for the faulty installations made in your office yesterday. Our team is returning to rectify that error.
Short Apology Message To Customer
1. We regret any inconvenience that our poor service must have caused. It was due to a machine error. We have decided to give you a 10% discount on your order. Thank you for your understanding.
2. Dear Mr (name of Customer), I am sorry for reacting unprofessionally. This will not be repeated.
3. Dear customer, this is to send our sincere apology for the delay experienced in the delivery of your product. All hands are on deck to rectify the issue and get them delivered on or before 3 days.
4. We realized we sent the wrong document to your mail. We apologize for our mistake and the inconvenience this may have produced. We have just resent the right document. Also, receive the offer of a 20% discount on your next purchase.
5. Dear valued customer, we got your mail stating that your goods were not sent correctly according to the invoice, we apologize for this. Our sales team is working on rectifying this for you. Thank you.
6. We committed a mistake by sending you the wrong information about this product. We apologize for any inconvenience incurred. There will be no repetition of this event.
7. We forwarded an incorrect attachment to you. We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused. We hope this does affect our partnership.
8. We are sorry for sending an empty package to your destination. That was due to an error during processing. We are sending another package. Pardon our error. Let this not affect the relationship we have built for years.
9. We have seen that the invoice sent to your team contained false information from a client. This error has been rectified, and the correct information would be emailed to you before noon.
10. I am sorry for omitting a vital detail in our last conversation. It escaped my mind as we got ready for the meeting. I hope my omission has not caused you any inconvenience? Thank you for understanding.
Samples Of How To Apologize For The Mistake And The Inconvenience
Along the way, mistakes will occur. Those mistakes can cause a lot of inconvenience to the receiver. It is necessary you know how to apologize for the mistake and the inconvenience you must cause. Feel free to grab an idea or two from the list below:
1. We are aware we have sent a file you could not open. Please pardon our mistake. Another file has been resent.
2. We sincerely apologize for sending a poorly formatted document. It has been fixed and attached to this mail. Once again, we apologize.
3. We regret sending the wrong email to you. It was unprofessional of us. Please accept our apology.
4. Out mail was delivered much later than we promised and we are sorry for that. It will not repeat itself.
5. Hello Miss Sarah, I just sent an email that was intended for Mr. George. I apologize for my carelessness. Given the privacy of the email, kindly delete it from your inbox.
6. Dear Mr. Convent, I mistakenly forwarded a broken link to your Dropbox account. You may have noticed it when you clicked on it. Please pardon my mistake. I have resent the link to you.
7. Dear Mr. Ken, I deeply apologize for the incomplete email that was sent to your inbox. I have reattached the complete content to this email. I hope this unprofessional error did not cost you anything? Pardon me once again.
3. I just noticed that the report I mailed to you consists of many typos. This speaks of a lack of consideration on my part and I am regretful. I have resent an error-free report.
9. This is to apologize for the wrong invoice that was mailed to your company. I understand it was for a different client. Pardon our excesses.
10. Dear Helen, I am sorry for the misinformation I had given you regarding the project. This was the cause of the inconsistencies our Manager pointed out during your presentation. I have taken the responsibility for it. I hope you can forgive me.
11. I am sorry for sending the wrong statistics to your department. This has caused confusion and miscommunication among the management tiers. I cannot undo all my wrongs but I hope this report on accurate statistics is enough to appease your anger.
12. Thank you George for your prompt reminder. I realized I had informed you of the wrong time for the meeting. Expect an email on the correct time and agenda for the next meeting. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.
13. Hello Mr. Ken, we noticed we have given you the wrong booking schedule. We are sorry for this mistake.
14. We mistakenly emailed you the wrong payment list. Please find attached the right payment list for your purchase.
15. I apologize for my poor performance on the files you sent to me. Nothing excuses mediocrity. Thank you for not giving up on me.
16. I am sorry for not studying up on the profile. I ended up embarrassing myself and the company during the sales pitch. I will be more dedicated to my work. This mistake will not repeat itself.