The pain that comes from losing someone is one of the harshest and toughest to deal with. It makes life feel difficult. All you want to do is escape reality.
In this state, it’s easy to forget that others need to be informed as well. You will need to send a death announcement message to family and related loved ones. This is necessary so they can share in this pain and send their condolences.
But writing a death announcement message is not easy. You may find yourself struggling with the wording or how to begin.
We understand this difficulty and that is why we have written this article. With the ideas listed across different scenarios, you’ll know how to write a death announcement message.
Death Announcement Message
Creating a death announcement message can be one of the most difficult tasks to undertake. Given the sensitivity of this announcement, you will need to know the proper way to present this message. The following examples will help you.
1. It is with a painful heart that I announce the passing of my beloved sister. She was a vibrant presence in our lives and we will continue to carry her presence. Please join us at _ and _ to celebrate a life well lived.
2. Our loving brother has passed on to glory after a prolonged battle with cancer. While we feel hurt at his death, we feel peace knowing he is resting. We want to memorialize him on _ by _ at _. We hope you can make it.
3. Our friend has left this world after a failed surgery. Thank you for your support during her battle. We want to remember her and all she stood for. Details of the memorial will be shared soon.
4. It breaks my heart to tell you this but our beloved friend, Marley, is gone. I got the news that she broke her ankle on the way to the bar, but died on the way to the hospital in an ambulance. Her family is devastated. We will let others know about the burial plan since the autopsy is completed.
5. Death is a reminder of how short life is. Nancy, who gave birth a few hours ago, has passed away. While we’ve waited long for this baby, she won’t be here to raise him. I hope her soul rests in peace.
Death Announcement Wording
Are you concerned about how to properly phrase a death announcement? Fret not. The following death announcement wording ideas will help you communicate properly while showing empathy.
1. O death, where is your sting? We solemnly bring to your notice the sudden passing of a beloved gentleman. He was a man whose presence warmed many hearts. He has been instrumental in the development of many infrastructures in this area. He has been snatched from us in the most gruesome way. His funeral details are as follows.
2. With a broken heart, I announce the death of a covenant friend, Shirley Thompson. She was a brilliant force that compelled us to take on the challenge of life. We will be celebrating her well-lived life at _ on _.
3. After a prolonged illness, _ has passed on to glory. While his absence hurts, we feel at ease knowing he isn’t suffering anymore. Thank you for your support while he was alive.
4. With the passing of _, we mourn the death of a confident, brother and role model. He was a generous man and always encouraged us to contribute to causes that mattered to the family. We ask that you honor his memory with contributions to this charity. The funeral arrangements will take place on _ by _. We hope you can make it.
Related Post: Sample Tribute Messages For The Dead
Facebook Funeral Announcement Sample
Using Facebook is one of the ways to make funeral announcements. If you need a facebook funeral announcement sample, you have come to the right place. The samples below will help you write well. Check them out.
1. With deep sorrow, we inform you of the loss of our great mother on _. The funeral service will be held on this date.
2. It’s heartbreaking to announce that _ has passed on to greater glory. The shock is difficult to deal with. The funeral service details will be communicated soon. Once done, feel free to invite others.
3. With deep hurt, the _ family announced the passing of our beloved brother. He was involved in an unfortunate accident while returning from work on Monday. He was one of the best beings on this Earth. The funeral details have been posted in the comments section.
4. Death leaves an incurable pain, but love helps us remember what we had. Join us as we lay our beloved sister to rest on _. More details on this will be shared in the next post.
5. The family of _ invites you to the funeral of the head of our family. He has led our family in the right principles for two generations. We have an enviable legacy to live by thanks to his determination for excellence. Details of the wake and funeral have been attached to this post. Check the comments.
6. With grief, we announce the funeral service of _. It will take place at the church central by 9 pm sharp. Please let’s attend dressed in black only.
7. To everyone who has followed me through the ups and downs of life, I’m inclined to share a private battle I’ve been dealing with. During the last six months, I was taking care of my nephew who was battling with blood cancer. Unfortunately, he’s no more. I invite you to his funeral on _, at _. I’ll be glad to see you there.
Invite To Funeral Wording
After the passing of a loved one, it’s essential to let those who loved them say farewell in a funeral service. One of the hardest things to do is to send a funeral invite. Although it’s to inform the recipient of the service, it’s also the perfect opportunity to break the news if the recipient is unaware. Select an invite to funeral wording from the list below.
1. Friends and family of the deceased are humbly invited to the funeral service for _. It will take place at _ by _. Afterwards, the burial will be held shortly after. Other details will be communicated soon.
2. We cordially invite you to the burial of _. She passed on after a long battle with diabetes. However, she was surrounded by her loved ones. Her burial will take place on _. Do stick to the dress code.
3. With humility, we mourn the life of _. She was loved by all for her cheery behavior. On _ at _, she will be laid to rest. While we appreciate flowers and cards, we would prefer monetary support. Do support this charity in her name.
4. With full acceptance of the will of God, we invite you to the funeral service of _. He was a beloved brother/friend/roommate. On _ and _, the funeral service will take place. There will be a short reception immediately after.
5. To my beloved friend, there is no solace as I painfully write about losing one of us. Our dear Selena has passed on. This was a huge shock as she was healthy and vibrant. Life has a rude way of hitting us. As her dear friends, we are invited to the funeral on _. We hope to find solace by sharing the times we spent together.
Funeral Notice Examples
Looking for good funeral notice examples to share with someone today? These examples have been carefully crafted to help you.
1. Our beloved cousin, _, passed away on _. He was born on _. His funeral has been scheduled for _. Further details on the funeral will be shared using this medium.
2. Our lovely sister, _, has gone to be with the Lord. We have planned a viewing for her at _ in _. There will be a burial service immediately after the prayers.
3. With broken hearts, the family of (deceased name) announces the passing of _ on _. _ bravely fought a 2-year battle with lung cancer, holding strong till the end. There will be a funeral at _ on _. Be fully dressed in black.
4. _ has gone to be with the Lord on _. His family will be having a private visitation. There will also be a private funeral service. If you wish to attend, click here to get an invite.
5. _ left the earth on _. Even with deep sadness, we are at peace as we know she’s in a better place. There will be a funeral service on _ followed by her memorial service. Do be there by _ on _.
6. Our friend has gone to be with the Lord. _ would have loved to know there was a huge number of people gathering for his sake. He was well loved, and to honor his memory, we will have his funeral at his home, a place he cherished. Do join us on _ to bid him farewell.
7. _ was an important member of this society and we’re hurt to know she’s gone. We lack the right words to express our pain, but we wish to celebrate her life. The funeral will be held on _. Afterwards, there’s a short memorial at the lounge.
8. Following the sad news of _ passing, funeral arrangements have been to bid him farewell on _ at _. There will be a short service afterward.
Christopher is a well sought-after writer, speaker and life coach, helping many people to enjoy a better life in all endeavors. He speaks and writes on subjects concerning spiritual, relationship, career and finances.