When a man and a woman decide to come together to spend the rest of their lives together, it is usually a time of celebration and joy both on the side of those getting married and on the part of those celebrating the occasion with them.
More importantly, it is a time to pray for them as they are just starting their journey as a couple which is not without its challenges. So, beyond giving them gifts on the occasion, it is essential you also pray for them for their marriage to be successful and fruitful.
That is why we have arranged these short prayers for newly married couples that you can pray when you visit them or at their marriage ceremony.
Short Prayer For Newly Married Couple
1. I pray for you, Mr. and Mrs. [name], that the devil will not have any place in your family in Jesus’ name.
2. Dear Father, I pray for Mr. and Mrs. [name] that you will help them to love, tolerate and forgive each other throughout this journey of a lifetime in Jesus’ name.
3. Dear Lord, I pray for this newly married couple, that they shall grow in love and understanding in Jesus’ name.
4. Almighty God, you have started a good work in the lives of Mr. and Mrs. [name]. I pray that you will bring to completion that which you have started in Jesus’ name.
5. As you begin your journey together, you shall not be barren but you shall be fruitful in Jesus’ name.
6. I decree that where there have been closed doors for any of you before today, from this moment, those doors are opened in Jesus’ name.
7. May the goodness and favor of the Lord go with you from henceforth in Jesus’ name.
8. Dear Lord, let your blessings be upon this marriage and make it a point of blessing to others in Jesus’ name.
Wedding Prayers From The Bible
Weddings are always moments of joy and happiness. The bride is always putting on her best facial expression and the groom is in no way left out of the equation of smiles.
Usually, when couples realize the journey and adventure they are bound to take together till death do them part, they are not hesitant in requesting prayers from the clergy concerning their wedding.
When you are thus invited to pray at a wedding ceremony, it is expected that your prayers should be based on the solid foundation of the Holy Bible. In this write-up, we have arranged a list of wedding prayers from the Bible that you can pray during this occasion.
1. Prayer for deliverance from every evil. Psalms 91:3 – ‘Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.’
2. Prayer for all round favour. Psalms 5:12 – ‘For thou, LORD, will bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou encompass him as with a shield.’
3. Prayer for a successful wedding. Psalms 127:1 – ‘Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.’
4. Prayer for defence from God against the plans of your enemies. Psalms 124:2,7 – ‘If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us: our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.’
5. Prayer for preservation from all evil before, during and after the wedding. Psalms 121:7 – ‘The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil; he shall preserve thy soul.’
6. Prayer for God’s intervention to make things perfect. Psalms 138:8 – ‘The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me…forsake not the works of thine own hands.’
7. Prayer of thanksgiving for answers to prayers offered. Ephesians 3:20 – ‘Now unto him, that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.’
Top 10 Wedding Prayers And Blessings
1. Oh Lord, We pray that you keep these ones continually in love. Make them one in you and preserve them from danger.
2. May the joy that you’re experiencing today never fade off. May the love that you share today never wane off. May the enthusiasm you feel for each other never go off. May this be a together forever.
3. Two are better than one. As you too become one, may you experience betterment in a aspect of life.
4. Love is the greatest force on earth, and God is the greatest of all. May the God of love continue to back you as you journey in this path of love.
5. Our prayer for you today is that the God of peace will send peace to your home, fill it with joy and bless you with all forms of prosperity.
Wedding Day Prayer For A Friend
I know you are very excited that your friend is about to get married and you also want to pray for them on their wedding day either privately or during the ceremony. Well, that is why we have also decided to prepare a list of wedding day prayers for a friend that you can pray for.
We’re pretty certain your friend will love these prayers for them and will be very grateful you prayed for them.
1. Dear Father, thank you for bringing this day of joy to pass. I pray for [friend’s name] that you will grant her the skill, understanding and wisdom of a virtuous woman in Jesus’ name.
2. Dear Lord, I pray for the family of my friend to get established today that it will be built firmly upon the Rock and will not collapse in Jesus’ name.
3. Dear Lord, I pray for my friend and her/his husband/wife getting married today, that you will satisfy them with long life. They shall not die before their time and they will live long to see their children’s children in Jesus’ name.
4. Father, I pray for my friend getting married today that the devil that goes about destroying homes and marriages will not locate their abode in Jesus’ name.
5. Dear Lord, please grant unto [friend’s name] and her/his husband/wife the strength to handle the responsibilities of marriage in Jesus’ name.
6. Dear Lord, I pray for [friend’s name] that her husband will not sin against her in committing sexual immorality in Jesus’ name.
7. Dear Lord, according to your word, open the eyes of this new family to the source of their wealth so that they may not lack anything good in Jesus’ name.
Wishes And Prayer For Bride-To-Be
1. Dear Lord, I pray for [bride’s name] that as she begins this new phase in her life, her love for you and your people will not diminish nor grow sour in Jesus’ name.
2. Dear Lord, we pray for [bride’s name] that you will help her to be a continual source of blessing and joy to her husband in Jesus’ name.
3. Dear Lord, we pray for [bride’s name] that as she begins this new phase with her husband on [date] that their days will be filled with joy and gladness in Jesus’ name.
4. Father, I pray for [bride’s name] that you fill her with wisdom to build her house and not pull it down in Jesus’ name.
5. Father, we pray for [bride’s name] that you will help her to remain sexually pure and undefiled before and after her wedding in Jesus’ name.
6. Father, we pray that [bride’s name]’s love and patience in dealing with her husband will not wane or decrease but will continually increase in Jesus’ name.
7. Dear heavenly Father, I pray for so-and-so that as she begins this new phase in her life on [date], you will cause the works of her hands to prosper in Jesus’ name.
8. Father, we’re sure [bride’s name] has good desires and expectations from her marriage coming up on [date]. We ask Lord, that you will grant her according to and even beyond them in Jesus’ name.
Prayer For Wedding Preparation
A popular quote says that ‘he who fails to prepare, prepares to fail.’ Everything we venture into in life requires adequate preparation and planning and in no way is a wedding ceremony left out (if it is going to be successful anyway).
However, beyond preparing physically for a wedding, one must pray as well. The word of God says that ‘Except the Lord builds the house, they labour in vain that build it. Except the Lord watches the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.’Thus, underscoring the necessity of committing our ways to God’s hands.
As you are making preparations for your wedding as a bride or groom, do not neglect the place of prayers. These prayers for wedding preparation can guide you in what to pray for as the wedding approaches.
May God make your marriage a success.
1. Every weapon formed against me and my husband/wife for evil before, during or after our wedding ceremony, be destroyed now in Jesus’ name.
2. I neutralize by the blood of Jesus, every evil covenant working against the successful marriage of me and my husband in Jesus’ name.
3. Evil arrows fired against me and my husband/wife to disrupt our wedding, G-O-B-A-C-K-T-O-Y-O-U-R-S-E-N-D-E-R in Jesus’ name!
4. Every evil gathering against the success of my wedding and marriage, S-C-A-T-T-E-R in Jesus’ name!
5. I pull down every satanic stronghold that has been raised against me and my marriage in Jesus’ name!
6. Dear Lord, I dedicate the date of our wedding ceremony [mention the date] unto you. Sanctify this day Lord unto yourself in Jesus’ name.
7. Every evil eye monitoring my marriage ceremony to cause it to fail, I command you to become blind in Jesus’ name.
8. Dear Father, every contrary spirit that wants to work against me and my husband/wife to sow the seed of hatred between us before, during and after our wedding, let them be bound right now in Jesus’ name.
Prayer Points For Marriage With Bible Verses
When we decide to pray about any matter to God, it is a mark of humility and God acknowledges that and is moved to intervene in our lives. More so, when we take His word back to Him in the place of prayer, we can rest assured of an answer.
We are made to understand in Psalms chapter 138 and verse 2 that God honours His word above His name. Thus, when you pray for your marriage using bible verses that is, God’s words, you can be sure of a definite answer.
In this write-up, we have compiled this list of prayer points for marriage with Bible verses that you can pray when the time comes.
1. Prayer for protection from all evils in the day and the night. Psalms 121:8 – ‘The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.’
2. Prayer for financial breakthrough. Deuteronomy 28:12 – ‘The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.’
3. Prayer for wisdom to build a godly home. – Proverbs 24:3-4 ‘Through wisdom is a house built, and by understanding it is established: and by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.’
4. Prayer for prosperity – Psalms 118:25 ‘Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.’
5. Prayer for a clean heart towards each other. Psalms 51:5 ‘Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.’
6. Prayer for the mind of Christ in all matters as husband and wife. Philippians 2:5 – ‘Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.’
7. Prayer for strength in the tasks and responsibilities of marriage. Philippians 4:13 – ‘I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.’