How To Comfort Someone Who Lost A Pet Over Text
It can be tough knowing your friend , family member of loved one just lost his or her special pet.
One of the best things you can do is to reach out to your friend. This will ease the grieving process.
If this is happening to you, and you feel unsure of how to show support, here are 5 ways on how to comfort a friend who lost a pet.
Of course, this post is not limited to comforting a friend only, it is applicable to whoever lost a loving pet. So if you have anyone who is missing his or her pet, here is how to comfort someone who lost a pet over text.
How To Comfort A Friend Who Lost A Pet
1. Refuse to discard what your friend feels
You may not be a pet lover, but the sense of loss is real. So, acknowledge the feelings of your friend who has lost a pet. Assure your friend that his or her feelings are valid and it’s okay. It will help in the healing process.
2. Give him or her some space
It’s often tempting to say something happy or funny to alleviate the other person’s pain. Be careful though. It may be not appropriate for that moment.
By introducing positivity too soon, you will sound as if you’re undermining the seriousness of your friend’s loss.
Instead, allow him/her to grieve and heal how he/she wants.
If your friend is the type to quickly get over a loss without processing it, encourage him to her to take time out to grieve.
Ensure to follow up with your friend, checking through occasional calls or follow-up messages.
3. Tell your friend to take it easy
Pet owners tend to blame themselves when they have to let their pets go.
They berate themselves over the decisions they made about their pet.
Discourage your friend from self-blame. Praise his pet raising ability, and let him know he did the best for his pet.
4. Get your friend a treat
Sometimes, good food can be comforting. Get a fried or baked treat for your friend.
You could even invite your friend to spend some time with you. A bit of socializing helps sometimes.
5. Have a walkout with your friend
You could take your friend for a walk in the evenings or early mornings.
While exercise is not a cure for grief, it can boost one’s feelings through the release of endorphins.
Also, spending some time outside the home, preferably with nature, can ease the effects of loss or grief.
Related Post: Encouraging Words For Someone Who Is Hurting
How to Comfort Someone Who Lost a Pet Over Text
The loss of a pet gives birth to a sensitive moment for the pet owner. It’s a time to be empathetic, and loving.
One of the best ways to show empathy is by sending condolence texts. You may not be present to lend support, but you can send a condolence message to the hurting pet owner. But what do you say to someone who lost their dog, cat or whatever pet?
If done right, the text will be greatly appreciated by the pet owner. It doesn’t have to be a bogus text. Something honest, short, and sweet will do.
If you still have no idea how to go about writing one, here are some examples of how to comfort someone who lost a pet over text.
1. Will you like to talk to someone? You are hurting. Can I come over?
2. Let me know what I can do to help in this sad time.
3. Would you like me to bring a meal or your favorite coffee?
4. Know that I’m here for you, for whatever you need.
5. I know how painful this is. I am right by your side.
6. Your pet’s passing was so hurtful. It had a compelling spirit.
7. [Pet name] may be gone but it’ll never leave our hearts.
8. You may not be able to hug it again, but let its memory comfort your kind heart.
9. No matter what, the both of you will always be one in love.
10. I’m so sorry. My thoughts are with you.
11. To lose a companion like [pet name] is hard. My deepest condolences.
12. Pets like [pet name] are loyal and compassionate creatures. But I love his resilience. We will miss him.
13. I remember how [pet name] will sit beside you to watch the bowling match. You two were a fun pair to watch. I’ll be in touch.
14. This loss is heartbreaking. We’ll miss taking [pet name] for road trips.
15. I’m sorry about [pet name]. She was a loving and affectionate [pet type].
16. This stinks! Everybody loved [pet name]. We’ll stop by to honor him.
17. Saying goodbye to a calm and gentle pet is difficult. You are in my deepest thoughts.
18. It’s sad to know [pet name] won’t be nibbling those special sweets I bring for her. My sincere apologies.
19. Pets aren’t just companions, they’re family. We will miss them.
20. I know it’s tough, but I hope you allow yourself to think of those amazing times you spent with [pet name]
21. My deepest condolences for the loss of your pet. We’ll never forget her lovely meow.
22. I know [pet name] was your buddy and companion. Do you want me to come over and keep you company?
23. You were highly favored to have [pet name] as a pet. I know you’ll miss him. Take heart.
24. The best of friends are in different breeds. I miss [Pet name] already
25. One quality I admire about [pet name] is its way with kids. It hurts to think he’s gone. Please accept my condolences.
26. Your pet was one special breed. It taught me unconditionally love. It was fortunate to have you.
27. I’m glad it lived a beautiful life with you. It was so special. I’m sending you loads of love and prayers.
Related Post: Words And Prayers For A Grieving Person
Short Notes/Letter To A Friend Who Lost Her Dog/ Cat
No everybody knows how to comfort someone who lost a pet over text. Here are short notes and messages to a friend who lost her dog, cat or other pets.
1. There’s nothing I can say that will ease the pain of losing [pet name]. But know I’m present in this moment of pain.
2. I was shocked to find out [pet name] was gone. Nothing can take its place. My condolences.
3. I feel your pain about [pet name]. It was one of the best additions to your family. If you need someone to vent to, I’m here.
4. A pet is a blessing. It fills you with warmth and joy unimaginable. I hope your time with [pet name] fills you with comfort.
5. The bond you had with [pet name] was admirable. It was a true definition of love. Be comforted my friend.
6. Losing a pet is a reminder of how little time we have on earth. I know it’s smiling at you from heaven.
7. Only people who say, It’s just a pet, don’t understand what a deep connection is. I’m aware of how much love you had for [pet name] and I’m sure [pet name] knew it too.
8. [pet name]will not want to see you crying this much. I’m sure it’s dancing on fluffy clouds in heavy.
9. One day you will be reconnected to [pet name]. And I’m sure that’ll be the happiest day for you.
10. When a special pet gets into our lives, we never remain the same. [pet name] transformed you to be better. It can never be forgotten.
11. The sweet cuddles and nudges of [pet name] will be missed. I’m thinking of you, my friend.
12. Saying goodbye to a loved pet is one of the hardest things to do. [pet name] was one of the best things that ever happened to you. I’m sure [pet name]is fulfilled.
13. Take plenty of strength and love to handle this loss. I know how pets become one with our families. Please accept my deepest condolences.
14. I felt something rip inside me when I got the news. I can’t even imagine how you feel. I’m deeply sorry about [pet name].
15. I can’t believe [pet name] is gone. Wasn’t it yesterday we watched her chasing her blue ball across the street? My deepest condolences, friend.
Poetic Words for Loss of Pet Cat / Dog
1. Rich or poor, pets love you so. Your company matters more than silver and gold.
2. Pets and humans are almost similar except for one thing. Pets dare to live for what they want.
3. We would like to say we chose them, but the truth is, we are lucky they chose us.
4. What will the world be without pets? I dare not imagine the chaos this already chaotic world will plunge into.
5. When your pet is now a memory, you begin to treasure that memory above all.
6. Blessed are those who have pets as children, for they shall learn more about compassion, love, and death.
7. The Lord made the clouds puffy heaven for our pets. They are watched by the angels.
8. Only a few animals share our most intimate moments with us. They seem like humans in animal flesh.
9. Your connection with a pet is deeper than anything. It transcends time and space and reaches for the core of you.
10. If only love was enough, I would have kept you here for life.
11. Your favorite toy lies here, begging to be chewed. Your chair sits empty, waiting for you still.
12. It’s better to be up there free from all the pain and suffering. We watched you pass, and though your loss hurts, we know you are in a better place.